• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Over Memphis...Better for Us?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Our only chance at any championship is a conference championship. UCF losing helps our chances of obtaining that championship. 1st priority is to win something we've never won. Screw the NY6.

Going for national recognition is a waste of time. Say we get to play in a NY6 bowl. Nobody will care but us. According to the talking heads, even the NY6 opponents of the G5 teams don't care, and do not want to be there. 

As far as I am concerned, the ESPN College Football Payoff is a major waste of time and supporting it supports it's bias and corruption. Last season, I didn't watch a single bowl game, other than ours, and I really didn't miss it. At the moment, nothing has changed for me to alter my watching this holiday season.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

UCF winning is never good for USF, ever. There is no way anyone honestly thinks them continuing to be seen as a top 10 team for two consecutive years with constant media attention and the longest winning streak in the country is good for us, I just refuse to believe that. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

UCF winning is never good for USF, ever. There is no way anyone honestly thinks them continuing to be seen as a top 10 team for two consecutive years with constant media attention and the longest winning streak in the country is good for us, I just refuse to believe that. 

I refuse to believe beating an undefeated, top 10, UCF isn’t better than beating a lower ranked UCF completely forgotten by the media.

Just like beating Kansas in 2008 was better for USF than beating Kansas is 2018.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I refuse to believe beating an undefeated, top 10, UCF isn’t better than beating a lower ranked UCF completely forgotten by the media.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:
  5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I agree with both of these sentiments. I'm so confused... 😐❓

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Yes it is better for ucf to win other games, short sighted not to think so.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Just like beating Kansas in 2008 was better for USF than beating Kansas is 2018.

We aren’t in the same conference, in the same area, competing for the exact same resources as Kansas. Months of them continuing their hype train isn’t worth the opportunity to perhaps win a game that would be perceived as marginally better by them being undefeated. When a top 10 G5 team loses they instantly become over rated non quality wins that don’t get the respect of which you dream.

10 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Yes it is better for ucf to win other games, short sighted not to think so.

Thinking they should continue to win so that we can have one big game in one year is the definition of short sighted. The best thing for USF would be for UCF to never win another game until eventually shutter the program or get the death penalty.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

54 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Was better for USF how? Nobody outside of USF and Kansas fans even remember that Kansas game or that Kansas was “good” that year  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, jjlovecub said:

Was better for USF how? Nobody outside of USF and Kansas fans even remember that Kansas game or that Kansas was “good” that year  

If we’re playing the timeline game for this argument, nothing we do will matter in a decade. But then again, it won’t matter for UCF either.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482

CFPis rigged so does it matter? Just win the conference and get that NY6 bid!!!