• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former Coaches results with Current Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

With all of the venom out there for Gilbert and Strong, I figured it would be fun to look at what our former coaches would do with our current roster and schedule

CWT - 6-0 - Willie would have an average of 70 pts on offense, 50 pts given up on defense and 2 QB changes per game (plus one broken foot - I am guessing Oladokun).  The bus would be driving rapant over opossing coaches as Willie would refuse to take a knee at the end of games, opting for passing touchdowns instead.

CJL - 5-1 - Jimmy would have beaten GT, smashed Illinois, throttled ECU, obliterated UMass and then lost in a spectacular meltdown by 40 to Tulsa (a game in which he called all 6 time outs in the first half and ran multiple naked bootlegs off the goal line for large losses of yardage).  

CSH - 4-2 - Yippito Friskito Skipito would have won his first four, before crumbling against UMass (blaming it all on the humidity In New England).  He would rally to beat UConn to get to 5 wins, before losing his last 5 (barely missing a bowl game) through a combination of last second field goals, interceptions for touchdowns and other plays too bizarre to even imagine 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

With all of the venom out there for Gilbert and Strong, I figured it would be fun to look at what our former coaches would do with our current roster and schedule

CWT - 6-0 - Willie would have an average of 70 pts on offense, 50 pts given up on defense and 2 QB changes per game (plus one broken foot - I am guessing Oladokun).  The bus would be driving rapant over opossing coaches as Willie would refuse to take a knee at the end of games, opting for passing touchdowns instead.

CJL - 5-1 - Jimmy would have beaten GT, smashed Illinois, throttled ECU, obliterated UMass and then lost in a spectacular meltdown by 40 to Tulsa (a game in which he called all 6 time outs in the first half and ran multiple naked bootlegs off the goal line for large losses of yardage).  

CSH - 4-2 - Yippito Friskito Skipito would have won his first four, before crumbling against UMass (blaming it all on the humidity In New England).  He would rally to beat UConn to get to 5 wins, before losing his last 5 (barely missing a bowl game) through a combination of last second field goals, interceptions for touchdowns and other plays too bizarre to even imagine 

Agreed but skippy wouldn't have played uconn yet.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Yes - I was projecting out Skip’s finish (he is probably the only former coach who would not make it to a bowl with the current team)

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Yes - I was projecting out Skip’s finish (he is probably the only former coach who would not make it to a bowl with the current team)

Agreed. I don't know if CJL would start this game like this though I think he'd smash Tulsa here.

Edited by Thebullsfan

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

17 hours ago, bowman1 said:

xCWT, in his second season would be 2-4 at best. In his final season,  he would have been 6-0. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Uh you are forgetting the coach with the greatest winning percentage in our history. 

T.J. Weist

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Uh you are forgetting the coach with the greatest winning percentage in our history. 

T.J. Weist

Interestingly he is currently the offensive analysis for the Baltimore Ravens. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

The only thing is disagree with is the score of xCWT's games.  They would be closer to 69-70.  We'd score 70 but the game would still be a nail biter somehow.

So true about xCJL.  We would destroy good teams and definitely lose to UMass of UConn.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interestingly he is currently the offensive analysis for the Baltimore Ravens. 

I never understood why he didn’t catch on with xCWT or the new staff. I thought it would have helped tremendously with continuity and he seemed to be pretty good (from what I could observe).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

I never understood why he didn’t catch on with xCWT or the new staff. I thought it would have helped tremendously with continuity and he seemed to be pretty good (from what I could observe).

Completely agree. He was a good coordinator and players liked him. CWT threw him off the curve