• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short Week ! . . . 5-0 BULLS vs 1-4 Tulsa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Guess I’d rather go out and put them away fast. When you let inferior teams hang around eventually it will bite you in the ass. 

Of course.   But that doesn't mean you can do that every game.  We see it more and more in college football with teams that are deeper than ours.  Also, playing the young guys and letting them make mistakes in a game like this pays dividends later in the season and upcoming seasons.  Especially with the new redshirt rules.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I expect to bumble and stumble our way through this game.  Hard to say what happens now that we’re ranked.  Tulsa is on a long week and rested and we’re on a short week with back to back road games.  Tulsa will see this as a huge opportunity to knock off a ranked team.  This game just screams USF laying an egg.  Hope I’m wrong.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

It  is only short by one day.  I really doubt that will impact the team.  It is not as if we are playing on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

It  is only short by one day.  I really doubt that will impact the team.  It is not as if we are playing on Wednesday or Thursday.

1 day less rest for us and extra day forTulsa plus they’re at home and we’re traveling again.  All this could have an impact

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Of course.   But that doesn't mean you can do that every game. 

Not saying we can do it every week, but we hardly every do it. For some odd reason we decide to play like crap until half time most games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Tulsa is going to be a good challenge on a short week.  I think we win it but I could see it being a close game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I expect to bumble and stumble our way through this game.  Hard to say what happens now that we’re ranked.  Tulsa is on a long week and rested and we’re on a short week with back to back road games.  Tulsa will see this as a huge opportunity to knock off a ranked team.  This game just screams USF laying an egg.  Hope I’m wrong.

I don’t think we lay an egg. Tulsa has shored up their offense a little but they are nearly as dynamic as umass was. The key will be the offense, can we continue to run the ball? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

now I don't want to offend you and we know each other well enough for me to joke with you a bit I hope-- but for some reason, I read this as if Eeyore were speaking. El Toro = Ee Yoro? ;) just kidding bud-- hang in there, no one said this season was going to be easy.

image.png.19ec0af2d49a2432432e0604220b043b.png

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

image.png.3f15c59a65a0fa530eff673cbf39ba0a.png