• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Short Week ! . . . 5-0 BULLS vs 1-4 Tulsa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I went back and looked at UMass schedule I was shocked to see FIU scored over 60 on them. They weren't bad by any means but I still haven't gotten a read on just how good we are at this point. Now if GT, ILL and ECU go on to kick some butt it helps our cause if...were still winning. I watched part of the UCF game last night. They move it methodically and eat up yards and clock. Their passing game is all over the field. Impressive and evokes worry. Now maybe they lost it in the 2nd half??? haven't looked yet- prob not.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

5 - 0

Honestly I would rather finish games strong than start them strong, and we seem to finish well.  That shows our coaching is good and our players don't lose focus.  

Guess I’d rather go out and put them away fast. When you let inferior teams hang around eventually it will bite you in the ass. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

hard to say we started slow when we scored so fast but I get the general thought as after that flash score, we did seem to drag arse and play to their level for the first half. We continue to make mistakes and have penalties and some really bad times as well. But finishing strong is something we should be very happy about. I just wish we could put that together for a whole game-- that would be awesome.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

After tonight, I actually feel better about the Tulsa game.  My only concern is we are playing back to back road games we had one less day of rest. 

Please tell us what made you more confident based on the UMASS game? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think it was the time he was typing. You know when you've had way to many beers and you're still at the keyboard.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

First: umass is one of the better offenses we will face this year. Our defense really held them to 35 which is below there average. Two, our running game is savage and Tulsa is week on rush defense. Three, our special teams (especially punting) is getting better and better. Fourth, this is not the team to sit and analyze too deeply. They have an intangible that cannot be coached and that is a never give up. Fifth, I will take a team who plays better in the second half than a team that plays better in the first half all day long. 

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I think it was the time he was typing. You know when you've had way to many beers and you're still at the keyboard.

Nope! I am just not an overanalyzer that most of you are on this board. See my post above smart ass...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

First: umass is one of the better offenses we will face this year. Our defense really held them to 35 which is below there average. Two, our running game is savage and Tulsa is week on rush defense. Three, our special teams (especially punting) is getting better and better. Fourth, this is not the team to sit and analyze too deeply. They have an intangible that cannot be coached and that is a never give up. Fifth, I will take a team who plays better in the second half than a team that plays better in the first half all day long. 

Nope! I am just not an overanalyzer that most of you are on this board. See my post above smart ass...

Didn't mean to offend but, I'd much rather be called a Smart ass then a Dumb ass. 

Just now, Azmodi said:

Didn't mean to offend but, I'd much rather be called a Smart ass then a Dumb ass. 

You are quiet right, I would also rather be a “wise ass” before a dumb ass. 😀. I guess I am just getting tired of people dissing this team because they are not winning the way people want them to. I was here for Skip Holtz and the first two years of Slick Willie. I’ll take winning ugly and being ranked #23 all day long. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

1, UMass may have been one of the best Offenses we've faced thus far. I'm sure that Houston, Cincinnati and UCF are far better than UMass and I'm betting that Tulane is as well.

2, Our running game is good but, our O-Line is a weakness not a strength. Tulane's D-Line is good as well and I believe outweighs our O-Line.

3, You are correct on this one.

4, All team sports by nature are left up to scrutiny and analysis.

5, I would rather a team play to it's abilities regardless of the competition.

{P.S. Our Passing game was to be one of our strengths. UMass nullified that with ease. That's embarrassing and just goes to show how unprepared the team really was.}

Edited by Azmodi

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

1, UMass may have been one of the best Offenses we've faced thus far. I'm sure that Houston, Cincinnati and UCF are far better than UMass and I'm betting that Tulane is as well.

2, Our running game is good but, our O-Line is a weakness not a strength. Tulane's D-Line is good as well and I believe outweighs our D-Line.

3, You are correct on this one.

4, All team sports by nature are left up to scrutiny and analysis.

5, I would rather a team play to it's abilities regardless of the competition.

1. Umass offense is better than Cincy but yes the other two you note are correct. But my point stands, they are better than many on this board realize.

2. Our offensive is good at run blocking. Actually they are bettter than good in this area.  The problem is I have pass blocking. But this also is relative to WRs getting open and that has been inconsistent at times. We also should pass more on 1st down.

3. Thank you

4. True, but at some point people need to see this team for what it is...very young at key positions.

5. Right now most are playing at their abilities which includes being inconsistent. That is the way it is this year...so far.