• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at UMass

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

GAME DAY!

Massachusetts_F.gif     vs.     South_Florida_M.gif

October 6, 2018  8:00 p.m.

McGuirk Alumni Stadium           Amherst, MA

This will serve as our official in game thread for in game discussions and commentary.  Stand alone topics should still be posted in a new thread.

For those preferring the brand new chat room for in game discussion, you can find the BullsChat! chat room link in the above title bar, the mobile menu selection or click here.

Both the board and the chat room function well on mobile phone, tablet or desktop. 

GAME DAY VS UMASS

The Bulls and Minutemen will meet for the first time a year after originally scheduled and in Amherst instead of Tampa.  The game will be televised by Eleven Sports and aired in the Bay Area on WFLA sister station WTTA Great 38. Last year’s contest, originally set for Oct. 14, 2017 in Tampa, was rescheduled to 2022 after Hurricane Irma forced USF to reschedule a conference date with UConn (Sept. 9) and subsequent shuffling moved a contest with Cincinnati into the Oct. 14 date. This will be the Bulls’ first game in the state of Massachusetts. USF will look to improve to 5-0 for the second straight season and for the sixth time in program history. USF started 7-0 in 2017 for the program’s best-ever start.

ROAD WARRIORS: USF has gone 11-2 away from Tampa (8-2 in true road games) in the last three seasons and has won five straight games vs. non-conference opponents away from Tampa, including a pair of bowl games and four victories over Power Five programs. The Bulls have averaged 40.6 ppg in their last 13 games away from Tampa, failing to score at least 30 points just once (this season vs. Illinois).

BULLS LOOK TO EQUAL BEST 4-YEAR WIN TOTAL: Just five games into the 2018 season, USF will look to equal the program’s best-ever win total over four seasons with a victory at UMass. The Bulls are in the midst of the most successful run in program history (33-9 (78.5 %) since 2015) and a 34th victory in a four-year period on Saturday would equal the 34 wins (34-18 (65.0%)) posted from 2006-09. USF has gone 25-4 since the start of 2016, including 11-1 in non-conference games (two bowl wins) with the only loss coming to No. 13 Florida State (2016). That includes a 32-6 mark in the last 38 games, which ranks FIFTH in the nation over that time. 

TV: Great 38/Eleven/NESN: Eric Frede (p-by-p), Andy Gresh (analyst) & Matt Goldstein (sideline) 
AUDIO: USF Radio Network (820 AM)
AUDIO STREAM: iHeartRadio

USF RADIO NETWORK
FLAGSHIP: 820 AM WWBA (TAMPA)
IHEART RADIO (DIGITAL) - Bulls Unlimited
Jim Louk, play-by-play
Sam Barrington, analyst
Joey Johnston, sideline

PREGAME SHOW (2 HRS PRIOR TO KICK) 
Jim Lighthall, Rock Riley & Darek Sharp

USF RADIO AFFILIATES
820 AM WWBA – Tampa Bay **
98.3 FM WWRZ - Central Florida 96.7 FM WMTB - Tampa Bay
1070 AM WKII – Ft. Myers/Port Charlotte**

** Carries Coaches Show

TheBullsPen.com: Major In Game Twitter Feeds 

Bulls on Social Media
Twitter: @USFFOOTBALL, @CoachStrong_USF
Instagram: USFFOOTBALL
Facebook: facebook.com/SouthFloridaFootball
Hashtags: #GoBulls; #HornsUp; #BullStrong

Upload Fan Images from pregame to post-game HERE!

Live Stats

South Florida Game Notes - South Florida Depth Chart - South Florida Stats

UMass Game Notes  - UMass Depth Chart UMass Stats

GoUSFBulls.com Game Day Central (coming soon)

Current Weather

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

i grew up in Mass before moving to Florida in high school. my ma is a UMass Amherst alum. some of my earliest sports memories as a kid were watching Marcus Camby take the Minutemen to the Final Four in the early '90s. I've always liked their sports programs & hoped for their football to be respectable someday...

today is not that day.

the Bulls have had 4 games-- three of them against teams better than UMass-- to get their legs under them. I expect USF to show out today. IDK what the line is, but 3 touchdowns seems like a reasonable expectation.

then again, the Bulls seem to play down to their competition & a tight game wouldn't surprise me because that's what this team does. Lol.

i had my ass clenched for 5 innings last night as the Sox nearly pissed away a 5-0 lead before squeaking out Game 1 of the ALDS...... I'd really like nothing more than a relaxing blowout today.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Car is packed up for the tail gate and leaving in a few minutes. It’s cold outside right now at 48 degrees but will top out at 66 degrees today. Going to enjoy the autumn colors on the drive over then watch my favorite team in all of sports! GO USF BULLS!!!!!!!!!!   

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Car is packed up for the tail gate and leaving in a few minutes. It’s cold outside right now at 48 degrees but will top out at 66 degrees today. Going to enjoy the autumn colors on the drive over then watch my favorite team in all of sports! GO USF BULLS!!!!!!!!!!   

Perfect football weather. Enjoy your tailgate and the game.  And bring  home a USF win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Greeeeennnn!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

The game time is wrong...starts at 3:30 not 8.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Gooolllld!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

image.thumb.png.0b43d40d59aa0ed6f4101b404c01fc49.png

Rut roh-- Bear has us on his board-- probably will predict against us and the spread because, well, why not make some sort of slight against USF when given a chance to do so? This is ESPN after all-- who clearly hates USF.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,611
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, MikeG said:

image.thumb.png.0b43d40d59aa0ed6f4101b404c01fc49.png

Rut roh-- Bear has us on his board-- probably will predict against us and the spread because, well, why not make some sort of slight against USF when given a chance to do so? This is ESPN after all-- who clearly hates USF.

Yep.  That’s exactly what happened.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How’s the humidity?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

don't forget to check the dew point!