• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MLB Playoffs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Cubs and Rockies played a great game. A’s and yanks has been good so far. Shaping up to a good post season. Baseball needs a yankee win and I think the A’s might have shot themslevs in the foot by going with an opener in a winner take all game. Really need a starter to go out there and get your team in a groove. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

**** the Yankees. MLB needs a Yankees win about as much as the NCAA needs Alabama.

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

**** the Yankees. MLB needs a Yankees win about as much as the NCAA needs Alabama.

there is nothing more entertaining or marketable than a Red Sox/ yankees playoff series. There hasn't been one since 2004. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

26 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

there is nothing more entertaining or marketable than a Red Sox/ yankees playoff series. There hasn't been one since 2004. 

Marketable? Probably based on sheer numbers. Similar to an Alabama-Notre Dame national championship game. ESPN would full on wet themselves. I'd argue it wouldn't be the most entertaining. Most of the country wouldn't give a **** emotionally about that matchup and there's no compelling storyline. The Red Sox are far removed from being the lovable team they were when they first won. They're not the Royals who everyone liked as an underdog. It's not the Cubs breaking the curse. It's just Goliath v. Goliath. 

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

there is nothing more entertaining or marketable than a Red Sox/ yankees playoff series.

:puke:

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

Marketable? Probably based on sheer numbers. Similar to an Alabama-Notre Dame national championship game. ESPN would full on wet themselves. I'd argue it wouldn't be the most entertaining. Most of the country wouldn't give a **** emotionally about that matchup and there's no compelling storyline. The Red Sox are far removed from being the lovable team they were when they first won. They're not the Royals who everyone liked as an underdog. It's not the Cubs breaking the curse. It's just Goliath v. Goliath. 

There are no more curses and the only real lovable losers left would the Rays I guess. Those two teams create their own story lines in the fact that they both have power one through nine and they are surely going to let the tempers flare at some point. I don't think the Roayls last run was all that compelling except for the fact that they kept winning in elimination games but that doesn't mean the series was very compelling until that last game. Will the person who doesn't really follow baseball tune in? no, but there isn't a team left that would bring them in. But even the casual baseball fan should be able to see that this will be one of the better playoff matchups that baseball has to offer. 

personal biases aside, there are two great teams who have a history. That makes for great baseball. The only other games that could match it are Cubs/Cardinals and Dodgers/Giants but those aren't possibilities this season., 

Edited by BrassBulls12

32 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

There are no more curses and the only real lovable losers left would the Rays I guess. Those two teams create their own story lines in the fact that they both have power one through nine and they are surely going to let the tempers flare at some point. I don't think the Roayls last run was all that compelling except for the fact that they kept winning in elimination games but that doesn't mean the series was very compelling until that last game. Will the person who doesn't really follow baseball tune in? no, but there isn't a team left that would bring them in. But even the casual baseball fan should be able to see that this will be one of the better playoff matchups that baseball has to offer. 

personal biases aside, there are two great teams who have a history. That makes for great baseball. The only other games that could match it are Cubs/Cardinals and Dodgers/Giants but those aren't possibilities this season., 

Dancing With the Stars > Yankees/Red Sox

It makes me absolutely ******* crazy the way MLB shoves every single game of theirs down your throat. Hell, they didn't even play the Cubs game on the last day of the season...a game that would decide the devision...so they could show a meaningless game between those two.

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Dancing With the Stars > Yankees/Red Sox

You are certainly in the minority on that one. Like I said personal biases aside it's going to be entertaining baseball 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

There are no more curses and the only real lovable losers left would the Rays I guess.

They're lovable somethings but I'd hardly call them losers at this point ....

The Rays, who made the playoffs four times in six seasons from 2008-2013, have won at least 90 games six times over the last 11 seasons. The Red Sox (seven) and Dodgers (seven) and Yankees (six) are the only teams with as many or more during that stretch.

Looks like the Brew crew will complete the sweep. Just took a 4-0 lead after a balk and passed ball in the same at bat  brings in two runs. Rockies have 12 outs to make something happen.