• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Need to educate the students that an OCS is a human right, and then they'll gladly fund the stadium. Or perhaps agree to name the stadium after some supposedly "Oppressed" deviant subculture and then we can get the SJWs to back the stadium.  "If you don't fund the OCS, then you hate (Insert deviant subculture)."  Nobody wants to be called a hater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Need to educate the students that an OCS is a human right, and then they'll gladly fund the stadium. Or perhaps agree to name the stadium after some supposedly "Oppressed" deviant subculture and then we can get the SJWs to back the stadium.  "If you don't fund the OCS, then you hate (Insert deviant subculture)."  Nobody wants to be called a hater.

😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Did your visit blow you away enough to donate substantially more?

I now donate more, and once I’m done with my second mortgage (aka daycare), I plan on donating more. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Sure, so I didn’t make it on campus for probably a 3/4 year stretch.. the year my daughter was born, we did a baseball game and walked around the campus with her. Brought back amazing memories and I was frankly proud to see how far the school has come in a few years. Have since pushed to do more sporting events on campus.

To answer your question, I think it is safe to say a good chunk of alumni attend maybe one football game a year. I can tell you sporting events aside, I have no reason to be on campus. Getting alumni on campus WILL increase attendance for other sporting events. I’d rather take my kid to a bulls baseball game (perfect weather) than a rays game in a giant Walmart. I may attend two baseball games, but I’m considering getting season tickets for baseball. 

Maybe you get 100,000 different (unique individuals) people on campus for an on campus football game per season. Maybe 10% are blown away by what they see and either donate (or donate more) or even just push to attend more school events. 

Thanks for answering my question.  I think the impact for the university as a whole would be minimal, but that's just my opinion.  Maybe it will spurn people to go to other events or to donate (more) money or send their kids there.  Who knows?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

12 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Thanks for answering my question.  I think the impact for the university as a whole would be minimal, but that's just my opinion.  Maybe it will spurn people to go to other events or to donate (more) money or send their kids there.  Who knows?

Getting people back on campus is a must to increase donations. The average alum has 0 reason to return to campus (non FB sporting event attendance is poor). You can’t sell somebody a house if you can’t get them through the front door.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The best way/fairest is voluntary contributions.

I believe the students are voting on the issue so it will be fair.  As a society we live by what our elected officials do in the way of taxes. This would be similar should the vote be in favor of supporting an OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

USF has one of the lowest tuition in the nation it’s not unreasonable to ask for.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I believe the students are voting on the issue so it will be fair.  As a society we live by what our elected officials do in the way of taxes. This would be similar should the vote be in favor of supporting an OCS.

You've been sorely misinformed.  nas is the decider of all fair and unfair

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i may be out of the loop but have they stated publicly that they're accepting donations for an OCS?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

i may be out of the loop but have they stated publicly that they're accepting donations for an OCS?

Don't believe so.  It is all about the IPF now. Don't think they want to take money away from that to start a fund for an OCS.