• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB change?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Anything like this discussed in the stands is certainly fair game for a thread on a message board .... especially this board.

I wasn't arguing that.  I was wondering if the question was, "reasonable" because it was discussed in the stands

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I wasn't arguing that.  I was wondering if the question was, "reasonable" because it was discussed in the stands

I think GBS qualified it the best, " Blake looked terrible at times and a change could have sparked something. It is a discussion that is reasonable to have." Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder and the OP thought it was reasonable enough to at least bring up in a question form and throw it out there ... even though it, for the most part, got thrown back at him.

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think GBS qualified it the best, " Blake looked terrible at times and a change could have sparked something. It is a discussion that is reasonable to have." Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder and the OP thought it was reasonable enough to at least bring up in a question form and throw it out there ... even though it, for the most part, got thrown back at him.

I'm not saying whether it was reasonable or not, I'm questioning whether being discussed by fans in the stands makes it reasonable.  Sorry, apparently my sarcasm wasn't clear.

Edited by Apis Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Sorry, apparently my sarcasm wasn't clear.

You gotta do better ....

Just now, Triple B said:

You gotta do better ....

It's been a long week

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why do we do this? We know he is by far a better QB then the other two. Is he not allowed a bad game or two?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's been a long week

This is our bye week, so rest up. We expect nothing but top notch posting down the stretch. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Why do we do this? We know he is by far a better QB then the other two. Is he not allowed a bad game or two?

+1 BB is not infallible but he is the best we have. He is allowed to have some bad plays, it happens to the best. 

I hope the coaches work on his progressions though, both with Barnett and the offensive line. I think he starts to show improvement with every game starting with Umass.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Barnett is still green as hell as a QB, our line was awful against ECU, and Gilbert didn't do the offense any favors by not adjusting his game plan after it was clear we needed to to help the OL out. Barnett may be old but he's very inexperienced as he's only started and finished 4 games as a starter at the FBS level and those games are this seasons. This thread is dumb. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not saying whether it was reasonable or not, I'm questioning whether being discussed by fans in the stands makes it reasonable.  Sorry, apparently my sarcasm wasn't clear.

Be careful with that sarcasm thing. Some people on here don't like it unless you make it perfectly clear.  See, Ga, there it is again. I'm messin.