• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

QB change?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

What growing pains. We had WAY more bad passes then that during the CWT era and still put up points in bunches. This offense is just bad, bad all around for this team. But hey I'd love to be a believer, but you're not selling me on putting up yards on two average at beat teams. Then getting physically dominated against Illinois and ECU. USF is not a very good offensive football team, and judging from last night...as I said last season. The defense looked good because the competition sucked. We looked lost on both sides of the ball. 

Sadly all i saw was coaches cursing at players like that;s going to do anything. New week same thing from this staff. 

What would you like for the coaches to do whenever they arent happy with execution? The last thing we need are a bunch of coaches handing out participation trophies at the end of each game and telling the players they played great when they didnt.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330
  • Days Won:  0

QB change won't help the run game. Take away the big run and we had 19 carries for 62 yards...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

LOL @ this ridiculous thread.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

21 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I know Barnett has a strong arm but it is ineffective if he can’t make reads. Some of that was bad oline play but this is a reoccurring theme with him. At some point does Oladokuns legs give us a better chance?  Count me as skeptical for Blake until he proves otherwise.

no reason to make a change

now i dont see why they cant put in back up in a few series should the game get out of hand but BB did nothing to lose the job

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I can see I struck a nerve with the Blake apologists.  If this performance is the same the next game I will resurrect this thread and if I am wrong I will eat crow but I am just not seeing progression with him.

he isnt the best qb in college but he is the best we have

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Man, there are some real winning posts on this thread (eye roll)...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

A QB change won't help the offensive line block. Blake was sacked 6 times saturday and was hurried on many throws. The running backs rarely had any holes to run through and only had one time on the Cronk TD run for them to have any holes. During the off week Strong really needs to work with the Oline as we have been getting manhandled the last few weeks up front. The defense has been pretty good lately they just need to start playing the game in the 1st quarter instead of waiting for the 2nd quarter to start stopping people. The other area of concern for me is the team starts these games so lethargic and basically act they are dead until the 2nd half. This will be ok for most of the teams we play but it we start this way against Houston, UCF, and Temple we could easily lose those 3. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

A QB change won't help the offensive line block. Blake was sacked 6 times saturday and was hurried on many throws. The running backs rarely had any holes to run through and only had one time on the Cronk TD run for them to have any holes. During the off week Strong really needs to work with the Oline as we have been getting manhandled the last few weeks up front. The defense has been pretty good lately they just need to start playing the game in the 1st quarter instead of waiting for the 2nd quarter to start stopping people. The other area of concern for me is the team starts these games so lethargic and basically act they are dead until the 2nd half. This will be ok for most of the teams we play but it we start this way against Houston, UCF, and Temple we could easily lose those 3. 

FACT. No quarterback EVER has been good when the defense hits him at the same time he takes his fifth step. EVER!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:
20 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

FACT. No quarterback EVER has been good when the defense hits him at the same time he takes his fifth step. EVER!

Definitely our more glaring problem, and one of our risks coming into the season. I think they'll come around, but if not we need to have our plan B screens, etc in place. Didn't see too much of that Saturday.

What we also need is to get our O starters healthy again.