• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

I don't know if you guys realize this, but, we won.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,032
  • Days Won:  0

ECU defense is not that good, the offense (mostly O line) massively underperformed, and did not show signs of improvement. I’m happy we won 🙂

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, LunchTimeBully said:

ECU defense is not that good, the offense (mostly O line) massively underperformed, and did not show signs of improvement. I’m happy we won 🙂

I am going to keep my eye on ECU and it’s D going forward...they may just win a few they are not supposed to. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

The main thing is we didn't look good. We have played better before. Even tho we played terrible, we won, that is a good thing. In previous years, including CJL's teams, if we didn't play well, our teams would crumble under pressure and lose games we should win. This years team and some games last year, there's a resilience that I really like. CCS seems to be able to hold us together and fight through tough games. That is a more telling trait about a team rather than one that steam rolls people, then the first encounter with pressure or adversity, they don't know how to handle it, and they crumble. These experiences early in the year, only help galvanize a team and make them stronger mentally. I think this week was a very good thing for us. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Things definitely have been tough to watch, but I couldn’t be more thankful that we’re on top. We may not have had the toughest non conference schedule in the AAC, but I would say we have had the best start in the conference. Elon is a good FCS team, and GT and Illinois are no cupcakes. I still have no idea what to think of ECU just yet, but we did what we had to do and came out on top. I get that UCF is dominating but they’re playing nobody week in and week out to start. Next week might be a test for them, but we’ll see. Memphis and Cincinnati look better than them in my opinion based on who they’ve played. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Things definitely have been tough to watch, but I couldn’t be more thankful that we’re on top. We may not have had the toughest non conference schedule in the AAC, but I would say we have had the best start in the conference. Elon is a good FCS team, and GT and Illinois are no cupcakes. I still have no idea what to think of ECU just yet, but we did what we had to do and came out on top. I get that UCF is dominating but they’re playing nobody week in and week out to start. Next week might be a test for them, but we’ll see. Memphis and Cincinnati look better than them in my opinion based on who they’ve played. 

Absolutely...4-0 feels better than 3-1. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, michibull said:

The main thing is we didn't look good. We have played better before. Even tho we played terrible, we won, that is a good thing. In previous years, including CJL's teams, if we didn't play well, our teams would crumble under pressure and lose games we should win. This years team and some games last year, there's a resilience that I really like. CCS seems to be able to hold us together and fight through tough games. That is a more telling trait about a team rather than one that steam rolls people, then the first encounter with pressure or adversity, they don't know how to handle it, and they crumble. These experiences early in the year, only help galvanize a team and make them stronger mentally. I think this week was a very good thing for us. 

I couldn't agree with you more.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
23 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

This has to be the most depressing front page of a message board from a team that actually won a game.

Sure there are things to fix, but yall, we're undefeated and probably ranked soon.

Go Bulls 🤘

Yep keep that logic up. We'll be lucky to win anymore games playing like that. The fire and desire of this team is gone, what happens win you hire snorkel to lead the millennials. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

On 9/22/2018 at 11:30 PM, zarnozdabull said:

This has to be the most depressing front page of a message board from a team that actually won a game.

Sure there are things to fix, but yall, we're undefeated and probably ranked soon.

Go Bulls 🤘

34 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Yep keep that logic up. We'll be lucky to win anymore games playing like that. The fire and desire of this team is gone, what happens win you hire snorkel to lead the millennials. 

There’s no logic in his post, just mostly facts .... 

Guest PCBull14
Just now, Triple B said:

There’s no logic in his post, just mostly facts .... 

Yep paper facts. Enjoy them, soon they'll all be irrelevant. 

Team has no emotion and no desire. But has helluva staff ready to curse at the players for their  lack of coaching ability. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

People on this board like to discuss all aspects of the team-- it is what we do. Win or lose. We get concerned when we see things that need work and this season has been giving us lots to think about.

It is normal. It gets really bad if we lose. I mean-- if we weren't allowed to talk about the stuff we needed to work on or think needs improvement (or what is bad- to put it bluntly)-- the board would be a single post saying "yay-- we won!" with 800 likes and smileys attached to it. Nature of any thriving message forum-- discussion of even the tiniest details of the team and school.

Don't let it frustrate you - if you feel it is getting too negative, point out some positives you saw (not in a combative way-- just write about what you liked about the game. Or take a break from the board -- that always works if it gets too doom and gloom for you.

Our team as it stands is still a rough ball of clay that the coaches are working to form into something beautiful. It takes time and hard work to make that happen.

• Upvote 1