• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't know if you guys realize this, but, we won.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

This has to be the most depressing front page of a message board from a team that actually won a game.

Sure there are things to fix, but yall, we're undefeated and probably ranked soon.

Go Bulls 🤘

You've been here at least 9 years. You know how this board rolls. Winning/losing doesn't matter, only style points ..... unless we lose ..... and then winning/losing matters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I wanna go back and look, but once we got the 2nd TD seemed like our offensive philosophy changed. 

Started the game attacking the edges with the typical bubble screens, intermediate hitch passes, screens. After the 2nd score it was back to run up the middle. 

Not that he had much time to throw, but other than the TD to Salomon, did we throw a pass for more than 7 yards downfield all night?  Did we try any throws in the middle of the field. I don’t recall a slant all night. 

I realize Mitchell got hurt, but isn’t Mathis supposed to have been 4/5 star recruit that went to an SEC school?  I can’t believe he is unable to release 5 to 6 yards downfield to be a receiver. 

I had a few issues with personnel on the field in certain plays today. 3rd an 3 why do you try to run a 140lb back up the middle?  I also had an issue with having Ford in protection on an important 3rd down passing play. Cronkrite is more experienced and a smart blocker on passes. On the play I am thinking about Ford picked up the weong rusher than proceeded to get run over by the rusher. Led to a sack. 

The offense is exciting at times, but also coaches seem to lack attention to will cost us at some point. 

See my tecmo bowl post. Is kid it’s Strong or Gilbert, but the play calling needs to step up big time. I think we have good players on both sides of the ball, but on offense we’re not using to their potential 

Just now, Triple B said:

You've been here at least 9 years. You know how this board rolls. Winning/losing doesn't matter, only style points ..... unless we lose ..... and then winning/losing matters.

So true. But when expect a good team, it’s top 25. Anything else is a bust

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Way to be an unnecessary cheerleader, OP. We know we won. We are unhappy with the manner in which we won, and the whole team feels the same way. We could all see it on their faces while they came around after the game and slapped hands with the fans. We are not all doom and gloom, but we worry this is a sign that yet again we will be unable to attain a conference championship, and the reasons tonight's game (aside from a few quite terrible ref calls) didn't go better rest squarely with coaching/playcalling.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Two games in a row where the offense looks shakey...this has me worried 

They were saying that ECU was ranked last in the FBS in 2017 in defense. I was wondering throughout the game, did they become the '85 Bears in the offseason? Seemed like they had us locked down all night, and about 40% of our offense came on two plays...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I haven't seen  ref calls this bad since we were in the Big East. I didn't know that a ball thrown over the heads and out of bounds of players could be used for an interference call. Secondly, I didn't know......I'll quit......refs were so bad at times....it was a crime. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Two games in a row where the offense looks shakey...this has me worried 

I just reread that one post and raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.u1.

a bottle of whiskey will do that though 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Offense doesnt know what they can do well it seems...we have weapons for sure so im not that worried.

The defense is looking better so thats a big plus...just need o to just click.

Punter is doing well also it seems.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485
  • Days Won:  0

We had a bunch of injuries, defense played better (forcing 8 punts and 2 fourth down turnovers) offense had some hiccups and we still won.    The lack of offense was frustrating, but we're used to video game numbers from the last few seasons.  The bye week couldn't come at a better time.