• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF, Central Michigan cancel 2-game football series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

USF athletic director Michael Kelly confirmed Wednesday the Bulls and Central Michigan have mutually agreed to terminate their two-game home-and-home series set to begin next year in Mount Pleasant, Mich.

The agreement was reached earlier this year, before Kelly's arrival at USF in August. Since both parties agreed to the termination, no buyouts were involved.

USF was set to face the Chippewas next season on the road Sept. 14, after consecutive games against Power Five foes Wisconsin (Aug. 31 at home) and Georgia Tech (Sept. 7 in Atlanta). CMU was scheduled to come to Raymond James Stadium on Sept. 11, 2021.

The cancellation now affords USF a chance at a seven-game home schedule in '19.

Kelly said the Bulls currently are seeking potential home opponents to fill next season's vacancy, with an announcement perhaps arriving by the end of the month.

CMU already has reached a two-game agreement with New Mexico State to replace the Bulls on its schedule.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/09/19/usf-central-michigan-cancel-2-game-football-series/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Probably not a big loss. I think we could do better and get a game/series that is more advantageous for USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Hope we Trade Up.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Clearly a two game series with CMU does nothing for us. Might as well be a 2 game series with Georgia Southern or Troy.

Unlike CMU, at least you could use it with recruiting and the travel expenses would be low. That CMU deal never made sense to me.

Speaking of Harlan, what about a 2 game series with Utah?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well if we really want to crash the playoffs we now have an opportunity to strengthen our schedule to get there. Opportunity is knocking, hope we seize it

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn’t matter who we schedule. Our conference means we never get into the playoffs, ever. A one, or even two loss P5 program gets in over a 13-0 USF team with OOC wins vs Wisconsin/GT/BYU. Not sure why people think otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No good unless PJ Fleck was coach. 

I like the decision.  Now let's get a good series against a P5.  I recommend Georgia.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Hueyhog20 said:

It doesn’t matter who we schedule. Our conference means we never get into the playoffs, ever. A one, or even two loss P5 program gets in over a 13-0 USF team with OOC wins vs Wisconsin/GT/BYU. Not sure why people think otherwise. 

I strongly disagree. Especially if we go into next season ranked. With Michael Kelly's connections and a undefeated season next year I find it highly unlikely that we'd miss out on the playoffs. Especially if we upgrade the CMU game. Wisconsin, BYU, Memphis, Cinci, Temple, @GT, @Navy, & @UCF with the possibility of another quality opponent would be too much of a statement to ignore.

I get that the P5/ESPN would not roll out the red carpet for us. But to ignore a resume like that would cause a backlash that I think would have major implications on the future of the CFB playoffs as we know it. Now... the probability of us running the table with that schedule is another conversation entirely...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

29 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I strongly disagree. Especially if we go into next season ranked. With Michael Kelly's connections and a undefeated season next year I find it highly unlikely that we'd miss out on the playoffs. Especially if we upgrade the CMU game. Wisconsin, BYU, Memphis, Cinci, Temple, @GT, @Navy, & @UCF with the possibility of another quality opponent would be too much of a statement to ignore.

I get that the P5/ESPN would not roll out the red carpet for us. But to ignore a resume like that would cause a backlash that I think would have major implications on the future of the CFB playoffs as we know it. Now... the probability of us running the table with that schedule is another conversation entirely...

That resume is nothing compared to a 1 or even 2 loss SEC team.   Our conference wins are nothing special.  Wisconsin is the only possible win there that would be overly impressive.

• Upvote 1