• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to propose a "No UCF" movement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If I’m not mistaken, the first UCF game was only the second time they needed to open the upper deck for USF football at RJS.  

Maybe, it did have two thousand more than FAMU did the week before it, so that’s a pretty big accomplishment.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because that’s the two options, UCF or Charleston Southern. Although Kentucky Wesleyan and UT-Martin both rate higher than the next UCF game on home attendance, so it may not make that big of a difference.

How many butts (actual) would be in RJS if KW or UT-Martin were on the schedule this year?

How about the 2018 Bedlam Game at Owen Field?

Just now, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many butts (actual) would be in RJS if KW or UT-Martin were on the schedule this year?

How about the 2018 Bedlam Game at Owen Field?

Hold on let me get out my jump to conclusions mat. 

The stupid thing only does wild speculation for P5 teams, now I have to go get the G5 expansion pack if I want to answer your question. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe, it did have two thousand more than FAMU did the week before it, so that’s a pretty big accomplishment.

Yes, it was... and very close to what the West Virginia game drew later in the season.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, MikeG said:

by the way-- the jokes about UCF movement as a bowel movement remind of something we did on a road trip up to Penn State back in 2005. We referred to that as going to take a Joe Pa. Good times!

@T-Man @BullDoug

image.png.2f89b577ae434f4707856c2adb6280cb.png

image.png.a1a6b6a9cd162e639b3c09992a88bb7f.png

WOW!   Good times!   We need another road trip like that!   What are your chances of going to Atlanta next year?  That seems like a good one (Unless there is a big bowl to attend this year?)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We are on page 5 discussing if ucf is a rival or not...I think the answer is pretty obvious...

I thought about mentioning the UCF-UConn rivalry, but didn't want to complicate things

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

I'll never get the people who are determined not to admit this is a rivalry.  IT IS.  And that is good.  College football is about rivalries.  Thats what keeps fan ticking even for teams that never accomplish anything.  You always have that rivalry game to root for.  

And the whole thing smacks of our fans thinking small time.  Just like we hate the whole P5 thing, its time to move past the "big 3".  The reality of it is that the USF v UCF game was the biggest (most impactful) rivalry game in the state of Florida last year.  More important than FSU v UF.  More important than FSU v UM.   And for the 2nd year in a row, thats likely to be true again this year.  The arrogant big 3 fans can scoff all they want, but both UCF and USF were better than both UF and FSU last year, and likely again this year (and arguably as good or better than Miami both years).  And the way both teams are constructed, they very likely may still be better than them all for the 3rd year in a row next year.  

Ask yourself....what would mean more this year?  Beating UCF on Black Friday, or beating FSU in a bowl game this year?   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477

Rivalries are deeply in bedded in college football. I grew up a Gator fan and as such I hated FSU. I have never rooted for them to win. Ever... It adds excitement to the game. There were years where the Gators were leagues above FSU and vice versa. You don't kill the rivalry though. The same will be with USF and UCF. Accept it. Enjoy the game and move on. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Can we combine all the UCF stuff into one, @Triple B?

You know, like we do with all the other schools who aren't our rivals when they have multiple threads going totaling 20+ pages during a week when we don't even play them.

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 1