• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to propose a "No UCF" movement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Yet we specifically mention UCF in the title of the thread. It's either going to be us or them making it out of the AAC East this year. While you are correct that we only control ourselves, it is impossible to ignore the obvious roadblock to the CCG.

I specifically call out UCF, because there is way too much attention paid to them. At this point in time, ECU is the most dangerous "roadblock" we have, because we play them NEXT. I am focused on ECU, Tulsa, Uconn, Houston, Tulane, Cincy, Temple then UCF; because if we stumble against these teams, the game against UCF means nothing. I don't care who UCF plays until we play them. I don't care if they have an OCS, IPF, Coach X, Player X or if they get X amount of funding, it doesn't affect me or USF. As far as I'm concerned, they are not any different from the other school in our conference. Are they on a good roll? Sure, doesn't mean we have to talk about them or ask if it's good or bad that they win all or no games, or what that one UCF fan said to that one guy, in that one place. In terms of road blocks to Conference Championships or Conference Expansion, why are they any different from Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, Uconn or anyone else for that matter. They are ALL competition and we shouldn't give UCF anymore attention than we give them (let's face it, Houston is in a better position than any of us for expansion). 

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't frequent any other message boards, but, I suspect there are threads on the UF boards about FSU, tOSU probably has some Michigan talk, Alabama probably has some Auburn talk... It's college football.

Listening to sports talk radio up here in Michigan, I've learned a lot about rivalries and psychological warfare. MSU fans were ALWAYS considered the "little brother" and it angered MSU fans for the longest time because UM wouldn't acknowledge them as a rival because they were "small time" compare to OSU. Since UM has fallen to the wayside and MSU has had really good success, UM fans are all angry at MSU saying, "just wait till next year" and they are OBSESSED with all things MSU, and Spartans just laugh at them. I don't want us to become that. If we just took the stance of UCF just being another Conference opponent, it would be a more effective response to get under the skin of UCF; we are effectively feeding into what they want and like. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

12 minutes ago, michibull said:

In terms of road blocks to Conference Championships or Conference Expansion, why are they any different from Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, Uconn or anyone else for that matter

Memphis/Houston may or may not be more of a threat, but it's very likely that we will need to beat UCF to get out of the AAC East this year, as was the case last year. They are our obvious rival, and the game against them will likely be huge again this year. Having said that, I get what you're saying. ECU...not UCF...is the immediate roadblock that we need to worry about, and probably should be focusing on. Understandable though that people in here are watching UCF, and commenting on what they see. Also, you may very well be right about Houston being in better position for expansion, but us, and UCF will certainly be in the mix.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, michibull said:

Listening to sports talk radio up here in Michigan, I've learned a lot about rivalries and psychological warfare. MSU fans were ALWAYS considered the "little brother" and it angered MSU fans for the longest time because UM wouldn't acknowledge them as a rival because they were "small time" compare to OSU. Since UM has fallen to the wayside and MSU has had really good success, UM fans are all angry at MSU saying, "just wait till next year" and they are OBSESSED with all things MSU, and Spartans just laugh at them. I don't want us to become that. If we just took the stance of UCF just being another Conference opponent, it would be a more effective response to get under the skin of UCF; we are effectively feeding into what they want and like. 

Sorry, I don't follow your logic. Are you saying that UM ignoring MSU made them mad? But now MSU is ignoring UM and it's making them mad? Again, it's a different situation here... Ask any college football fan who is Michigan's rival, and anyone but an MSU fan will say Ohio State. ANYONE.

Ask anyone who actually knows that us and UCF aren't the same school who each other's rivals are and most will either shrug their shoulders, or, say that we're each others' rival. Back when we were BCS and they were not, their fans would say that USF was their rival, but, our fans would not. We were superior in every way. They had never beaten us, we had the edge... that did get under their skin. It's been 10 years since we have played them with the ability to really rub it in their face that they were beneath us.

I don't think pretending that they are beneath us now will fool them or anyone else for that matter.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't think pretending that they are beneath us now will fool them or anyone else for that matter.

The problem is that you are pretending. Don't pretend. Don't pretend to "Not Care". Don't care. 

Much like you don't care or know anything about what Fresno State is doing. You don't pretend to not care about Fresno State. 

Image result for The only way to win the game is not to play

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Sorry, I don't follow your logic. Are you saying that UM ignoring MSU made them mad? But now MSU is ignoring UM and it's making them mad? Again, it's a different situation here... Ask any college football fan who is Michigan's rival, and anyone but an MSU fan will say Ohio State. ANYONE.

Ask anyone who actually knows that us and UCF aren't the same school who each other's rivals are and most will either shrug their shoulders, or, say that we're each others' rival. Back when we were BCS and they were not, their fans would say that USF was their rival, but, our fans would not. We were superior in every way. They had never beaten us, we had the edge... that did get under their skin. It's been 10 years since we have played them with the ability to really rub it in their face that they were beneath us.

Yeah, basically UM ignoring MSU bothered MSU big time, but now that MSU is better than UM, UM makes excuses and tries to cut down MSU to make it seem like UM is still better (which makes MSU laugh and feeds right into the fact that they are more successful). My analogy here is that we were UM (being the better program and aiming at UF, FSU and MIA as rivals, which would be OSU for UM) and that the more that we treat UCF as any other AAC team will bother them more than us treating them as a bigger deal than that. You are correct that things have changed in the last 10 years, but they shouldn't be a bigger deal to us than anyone else in our conference, in my eyes, everyone in the AAC is a rival.

IMG_7369.PNG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I refer to every "movement" I make as a UCF. This morning I had a big movement and took a huge UCF. 

JT has posted in this thread and it wasn't in reference to something like that .... he's slipping.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

JT has posted in this thread and it wasn't in reference to something like that .... he's slipping.

...maturing.

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

...maturing.

28A3.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, michibull said:

CJL had it right when he didn't want to compete with them; it wasn't about being afraid to lose to them, it was about having bigger goals than that.

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

Truer words have never been spoken. The we need them as a rivalry movement with in our fanbase was so beyond stupid and shortsighted, how has playing them benefited us in anyway? 

I think someone may have already addressed it but CJL was in a different time, a different place and he was absolutely dead on back then. Any USF fans wanting any kind of a rivalry back then were delusional ....... Now, like it or not, they ARE a Rival in all senses of the word. You don't have to embrace it but to ignore it is woefully ignorant.

As far as a "no ucf movement", the only OTHER thread about them on the first page of this forum was about who to root for this weekend, as it pertains to USF. On the surface a legit question, I guess, but it's not one that really needs to be asked when talking about Rivals. There are specifically rare times when a Rival should ever pull for their counterpart ..................... like Bama should have been pulling for AU in the Peach Bowl so there would have been no chance of them having to split the Natty.