• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to propose a "No UCF" movement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We've never destroyed anything or anyone in basketball. I call shenanigans.

No doubt! But... Back in my day we pretty much handled UCF every time we played them in hoops. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Florida–UCF_rivalry

Screenshot_20180919-131819.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Well, the world is a different place than when CJL was here... we were undefeated against them, in a better conference, had more money, and were on an upward trajectory, no matter how many crappy conference championships they had. Now, we're equals... hence rivalry. I don't disagree that we didn't want them on our level in the past, but, that ship has sailed.

I don't frequent any other message boards, but, I suspect there are threads on the UF boards about FSU, tOSU probably has some Michigan talk, Alabama probably has some Auburn talk... It's college football. While my joy from a USF win is always high, I get a pretty good kick out of losses by the teams I hate too.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We've never destroyed anything or anyone in basketball. I call shenanigans.

Some would argue that xCSH destroyed basketball as it was intended to be played.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

19 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Some would argue that xCSH destroyed basketball as it was intended to be played.

I would counter that in the history of our program we have played in 5 NCAA tournament games and he was the head coach for 3 of them. He also accounted for all the wins in the NCAA tournament. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, michibull said:

Everyone talks about how UCF is obsessed with us, and with how much we talk about them, we come off little like they do. The only way to remedy this is to cut them out of our lives. CJL had it right when he didn't want to compete with them; it wasn't about being afraid to lose to them, it was about having bigger goals than that. All of our goals start with winning our Conference Championship. We want to beat any and everyone that's in our way, and no one team is bigger than the next. Every team goes through good years and bad years, every conference changes a little, and who we play changes every year. Our school and sports programs are not defined by how we compete against one school or the other. We should judge ourselves by who we were yesterday and not by somebody else. Are there standard setters out in the football world, yes, but even that changes with time; USC, ND, FSU, Mia, UF, Ala, it all goes in cycles with coaches and players. The only thing we control is ourselves and the only thing we want to improve is ourselves and that's what we need to focus on; screw everybody else and the horse they ride on. 

Yet we specifically mention UCF in the title of the thread. It's either going to be us or them making it out of the AAC East this year. While you are correct that we only control ourselves, it is impossible to ignore the obvious roadblock to the CCG.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

31 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

God. ****. Skip. Holtz.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I have to smile when I see "UCF" and "movement" in a heading next to each other.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I refer to every "movement" I make as a UCF. This morning I had a big movement and took a huge UCF. 

You beat me to it.😅

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I would counter that in the history of our program we have played in 5 NCAA tournament games and he was the head coach for 3 of them. He also accounted for all the wins in the NCAA tournament. 

I firmly agree, and am not making that argument in all seriousness. I loved that brand of basketball and grew up watching my beloved Miami Heat literally trade blows with the Knicks in the playoffs every year in a race to see who can make it to 75 points first.