• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Man, I'm torn. Do we want FAU to upset the gnats?

Yes

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Most years I would support them OOC.  Not this year.  A downtrodden UCF team is easier to put out its misery than a rolling one.  We need that conference title this year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Most years I would support them OOC.  Not this year.  A downtrodden UCF team is easier to put out its misery than a rolling one.  We need that conference title this year.

Exactly. A NYD bowl game would be icing. But winning a conference championship is paramount. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Meh. If UCF wins it's better for our conference and SOS but there's no part of me that can root for them to win.....ever. So, as always, I hope they lose by 50. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

As much as I would enjoy seeing UCF lose to FAU, it is better for us that UCF wins. We need UCF to continue to win so that when we beat them in our final conference game of the year it helps us with the polls. This of course assumes that we continue to win our games for any chance of a big time bowl matchup. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I think the standard has been set unrealistically high with a recent undefeated season.  It's likely the NY6 participant and conference champ will have at least one loss.  That said, its good for the conference if FAU loses big.  We need as many teams in the poll as possible.  If FAU wins we have zero top 25 teams.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Yes - We are all FAU fans Friday. I've tried to do this whole 'pull for our rival thing out of conference' but it's just not worth it and found it impossible. Granted, they should smoke FAU. Considering going to the game in a FAU shirt because I'm sure they'll announce an unsold seat as sold anyway :) 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

34 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Meh. If UCF wins it's better for our conference and SOS but there's no part of me that can root for them to win.....ever. So, as always, I hope they lose by 50. 

This.  All of this 

Any USF fan rooting against UCF this year is rooting against USF.

An undefeated UCF team will be #12 maybe #10 in the nation by the time they face us...  if USF is also undefeated, and thereby ranked around #18 maybe as high as #15 ... a USF win would put USF into that #12 to #10 position... leapfrogging what is sure to be a 1-loss Boise State team... and putting USF into position for the NY6 bowl.

UCF losing before then means USF might not even make a NY6 bowl because Boise State will vary likely remain ahead of USF.

Although it goes against our judgement... Root. For. The. Knights. This. Season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bullman3 said:

Always lose.  There is only 1 situation in which I would want them to win, and that would be for them to knock out another division team, resulting in us winning the conference division.

This is always the answer to situations like this. We’ve got a lot of posters who apparently just don’t get this whole Rivalry thingy ...

• Upvote 1