• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Any USF fan rooting against UCF this year is rooting against USF.

An undefeated UCF team will be #12 maybe #10 in the nation by the time they face us...  if USF is also undefeated, and thereby ranked around #18 maybe as high as #15 ... a USF win would put USF into that #12 to #10 position... leapfrogging what is sure to be a 1-loss Boise State team... and putting USF into position for the NY6 bowl.

UCF losing before then means USF might not even make a NY6 bowl because Boise State will vary likely remain ahead of USF.

Although it goes against our judgement... Root. For. The. Knights. This. Season.

Lot of ifs and hypotheticals in that statement.

I'm looking forward to Lane cucking UCF. Both on the field and in the bedroom with the co-eds.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just a thought. You do realize that wanting UCF to lose....caring about their win/loss outcomes further feeds onto their obsession with USF? Why feed the troll? 

Rather than caring if they win or lose....give them what they really deserve. Apathy. I don't care what UCF does. They had a nice season last year. They had a terrible season 2 years prior. Whatever. 

If they want to lose a Conference game or two prior to us playing, that wouldn't hurt my feelings.  But in the grand scheme of things. I don't care about UCF. Rutgers has beaten us 7 times but now that they have zero impact on USF, I don't think about them.....at all. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

It is better for all of mankind for FAU to beat UCF - just to temper the clownish actions coming out of Mousetown.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Any undefeated AAC Champion gets the NY6 game over any other G5 conference. Given the fact that Boise St. has already lost, If we do what we are supposed to, we get the nod over Boise no matter what UCF does. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Rutgers has beaten us 7 times but now that they have zero impact on USF, I don't think about them.....at all

I mean, they did make it into this post😂

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

You would think at some point the fact that UCF success has never one time had a positive impact on USF success would at some point end this ridiculously false narrative that their success can benefit us. The best thing UCF can do for USF is to lose every game from here until they fall off a cliff and die. UCF is the only one that benefits from their success and the only thing good for USF is USF success and everyone else’s failure. Here is a comprehensive list of all the times UCF has won a game and it’s had any benefit to USF:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, ECUshoein said:

I think the standard has been set unrealistically high with a recent undefeated season.  It's likely the NY6 participant and conference champ will have at least one loss.  That said, its good for the conference if FAU loses big.  We need as many teams in the poll as possible.  If FAU wins we have zero top 25 teams.

USF needs USF in the polls, if FAU wins it probably moves us in or at the very least it moves us closer. Having UCF in the polls benefits UCF and that’s a detriment to USF, not a benefit.

38 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Any undefeated AAC Champion gets the NY6 game over any other G5 conference. Given the fact that Boise St. has already lost, If we do what we are supposed to, we get the nod over Boise no matter what UCF does. 

This is not guaranteed.  The Committee looks at quality wins, not just overall record.

We'll know once the first official poll comes out... if USF is head of Boise then, I won't care if UCF loses.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You would think at some point the fact that UCF success has never one time had a positive impact on USF success would at some point end this ridiculously false narrative that their success can benefit us. The best thing UCF can do for USF is to lose every game from here until they fall off a cliff and die. UCF is the only one that benefits from their success and the only thing good for USF is USF success and everyone else’s failure. Here is a comprehensive list of all the times UCF has won a game and it’s had any benefit to USF:

2007 - W v. Tulsa

2007 - W @ Southern Miss

2007 - W v. Marshall

2007 - W @ UAB

2007 - W @ SMU

2007 - W v. UTEP

2007 - W v. Tulsa in CUSA Championshop Game

Those are all of the wins UCF had after we beat them 64-12 and every single one of them helped with our computer ranking that season. I get your argument, but a stronger UCF 100% helps USF if we beat them. If we had won the game last year, I'd list 11 other games that directly benefitted us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Any USF fan rooting against UCF this year is rooting against USF.

An undefeated UCF team will be #12 maybe #10 in the nation by the time they face us...  if USF is also undefeated, and thereby ranked around #18 maybe as high as #15 ... a USF win would put USF into that #12 to #10 position... leapfrogging what is sure to be a 1-loss Boise State team... and putting USF into position for the NY6 bowl.

UCF losing before then means USF might not even make a NY6 bowl because Boise State will vary likely remain ahead of USF.

Although it goes against our judgement... Root. For. The. Knights. This. Season.

Even with all of that clear sense and perspective there is no way I am going to do it...I just can’t...it’s unnatural.

• Like 2