• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Although Puc's been hitting it out of the park with most of his responses, I'll reiterate. Bringing in two teams that have one game a year that currently is equivalent to most P5 attendances is not some game changer in regards to an invite. We've already proven, ON OUR OWN, when we were at that upper level, that attendance was not a problem. There's been nothing to indicate that a USF/UCF package deal is the only way we move up ..... other than message board/blog musings from those who don't have a clue.

Another thing to look at. I assume the Big 12 is the only real viable option that people consider for bringing in 2 schools. You bring in both of the Florida directional schools and with the success they've both had, without the resources of a P5, and you just added TWO legit challengers to the conf championship on a year in and year out basis. Behind closed doors, you really think the current top Big 12 teams would be relishing that? Additionally, it would cut down on Florida as a recruiting bed for B12 teams, although I'm not sure how big a bed it is for them right now. I would just be really surprised if any P5 conference would be seriously looking to add both of us.

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Just curious, if only either one of us, or UCF were to be chosen, who do you think is in better position? And if it's not us, what do you think the future of the program looks like, being that there probably won't be expansion again for a long time?

To me, we're both in the same position because I don't have a clue as to what the powers that be will use as a criteria for the next expansion. We're alike in a lot of big ways and I don't know how the things where we're different will matter.

If it's not us if the time does come, I'm really not sure what the future of the program would be. There will be a program, though ......... probably. Contrary to what some believe, college football outside the P5 will continue. Problem is we've got a lot of spoiled fans that think because at one point in time we were miraculously given an invite to a highest level college football conference, that's where we are entitled to be. Hope it never comes to that ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,006
  • Days Won:  38

Le Bump - In honor of the no UCF thread.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

The funding for FAU's Program has gone up with some big time donations. They could become a problem if they get momentum bc they are set up better(locale, infrastructure) compared to FIU for example who I think is forever dead.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Le Bump - In honor of the no UCF thread.

You just couldn't resist.  The funny thing is that after tonight's game, this thread will probably go on for another week or three.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

The funny thing is that after tonight's game, this thread will probably go on for another week or three.

Not on this particular board it won't ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

This is reminiscent of the days with little old UCF would play USF and it was their Game of the Year!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, ambienknights said:

The funding for FAU's Program has gone up with some big time donations. They could become a problem if they get momentum bc they are set up better(locale, infrastructure) compared to FIU for example who I think is forever dead.

They (FAU) received a $16 million donation to go toward the building of their IPF. I agree that they could eventually become a problem. Will be interesting to see how long Lane hangs around. 

I agree with you on FIU as well. I can see that program eventually folding...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-groundbreaking-0121-20170120-story.html

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Lets get on the Lane Train tonight!

Lane train down 14-0 in 1st Q