• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, chapelbull said:

Yeah, well who we rooting for tonight in that big Tulsa vs. Temple rivalry game?

They are both in our conference, right? So whichever one makes it harder for us to be successful, it’s better to look good and lose than to have uneventful wins. Didn’t you see how much losing to UCF last season did for our program? Hopefully we can be lucky enough to repeat it every season until they can leave us to die in the AAC while we reminisce about how much more exciting it was to competitively lose to them than it was when we beat the **** out of them and left them for dead. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, well who we rooting for tonight in that big Tulsa vs. Temple rivalry game?

We play them both so the silly sos stuff is a moot point. Gotta root against the division foe ....................... right?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, puc86 said:

They are both in our conference, right? So whichever one makes it harder for us to be successful, it’s better to look good and lose than to have uneventful wins. Didn’t you see how much losing to UCF last season did for our program? Hopefully we can be lucky enough to repeat it every season until they can leave us to die in the AAC while we reminisce about how much more exciting it was to competitively lose to them than it was when we beat the **** out of them and left them for dead. 

64-12 one of the happiest days of my life.

Just now, Triple B said:

We play them both so the silly sos stuff is a moot point. Gotta root against the division foe ....................... right?

Tulsa is a Hurricane and Golden, double the reason to hate them!

2 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

64-12 one of the happiest days of my life.

Nope you are wrong. That was only good for USF so that wasn’t good or exciting at all. Poor UCF was in an inferior conference and got curb stomped so that can’t possibly be fun for Bulls fans. The only way to truly have a victory is for us to have our competition win.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Nope you are wrong. That was only good for USF so that wasn’t good or exciting at all. Poor UCF was in an inferior conference and got curb stomped so that can’t possibly be fun for Bulls fans. The only way to truly have a victory is for us to have our competition win.

Not to mention nobody showed up to watch it since they weren't undefeated and reigning National Champs

15 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

I'd love to be wrong on B, may your insanity lead to power status! I'd be happy to call you a genius then.

You read too much into a screen name that was created long ago.  If I could change it I would, because a lot of people (you included) automatically begin driveling over the inconsequential whenever they see it.  If I had known it would bring out the lowest denominator in otherwise reasonable people I wouldn't have paid homage at the time.  At the time I was starting grad school and they were brought up to the conference and were pretty good...not a big deal.  It doesn't change my lifelong ties to a school that you can't claim any superiority over me to. 

I mean you picked a name touting a team that had just gotten into our conference, how did you think that was going to go for you? You are a USF fan but you picked an ECU name on a USF message board and you are upset that it didn’t go over well but you think my thoughts are insane, got it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not to mention nobody showed up to watch it since they weren't undefeated and reigning National Champs

Yep  yet USF wants to put out things like that being the only game against them to be in our top 15 in attendance, fake news!!!!! The USF\UcF rivalry truthers know better than that!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Although Puc's been hitting it out of the park with most of his responses, I'll reiterate. Bringing in two teams that have one game a year that currently is equivalent to most P5 attendances is not some game changer in regards to an invite. We've already proven, ON OUR OWN, when we were at that upper level, that attendance was not a problem. There's been nothing to indicate that a USF/UCF package deal is the only way we move up ..... other than message board/blog musings from those who don't have a clue.

Another thing to look at. I assume the Big 12 is the only real viable option that people consider for bringing in 2 schools. You bring in both of the Florida directional schools and with the success they've both had, without the resources of a P5, and you just added TWO legit challengers to the conf championship on a year in and year out basis. Behind closed doors, you really think the current top Big 12 teams would be relishing that? Additionally, it would cut down on Florida as a recruiting bed for B12 teams, although I'm not sure how big a bed it is for them right now. I would just be really surprised if any P5 conference would be seriously looking to add both of us.

Just curious, if only either one of us, or UCF were to be chosen, who do you think is in better position? And if it's not us, what do you think the future of the program looks like, being that there probably won't be expansion again for a long time?

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I want Tulsa to win so it gives TEMPLE in our division a loss. In the end all we need to do is win our game and focus on ECU. We have one opponent and one game a week. The bulls and fans should focus on one win at a time. The rest will all work itself out in the end.  We can control our own destiny by showing up and supporting our bulls that win on the field !

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

I personally do not think it's a joke that we do not have a conference championship after 21 complete seasons..

Independent for 6 years - couldn't have won a championship... although, I think in 2001 we were 8-3 and in 2002, we were 9-2. Notre Dame had more losses than us each of those 2 years, so, I claim the Independent Conference Championship 2001 and 2002! Go Bulls!

We played 2 years in C-USA with largely 1AA players on the roster

We played 5 years in the BE with Leavitt and were on the cusp, but, didn't get there... PS, there are a LOT of teams who have never won a  BCS/P5 conference championship

We hired Skip Holtz (OK, this is a bit embarrassing)

We have been digging out of the Skip Holtz Hole

I think the mentality that "its a joke", or, we're somehow entitled to have won a conference championship by now is what is truly a joke... This is also the real thing that brought CJL down. Fans/Booster/Admin had too much success too soon... wanted more, couldn't embrace the moment.

Totally disagree. Many of the points you made were due to bad decisions by coaches (CJL could not beat friggin Uconn in Hartford on all occasions and was weak in establishing needed depth; CWT was trying something that could not work for two seasons) and by the administration (hiring Skip Holtz). Further, it has been six long years since the Holtz days so that can no longer be used as an excuse. By no means are we “entitled” to win a championship but let’s face it, based on so called Florida talent we should have at LEAST ONE. I believe every D1 university in the state of Florida except FIU has won one. Yes it is not Apples to oranges but the facts are the facts. What’s more troubling is that ucf did this with a coach who had questionable character in terms of ethics (O’Leary). Maybe saying it is a joke that we have not won a conference is a bit strong but it sure is sad....

Edited by NewEnglandBull