• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Fact.  Any loss for the top AAC teams outside of the conference is disastrous (if you care about the conference getting that final bid)  Yes, even for UCF.  ESECPN just cannot wait to push the Boise St. to the New Year's day game narrative because the Mountain West (right now) poses no threat to their precious Pee Five. If UCF loses, they will push this talking point more.  

Now, if you do not care about that final bid and just hate those annoying ones to the east, I understand. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry folks, I'm a recent convert as well. Fact is UCF is now our best chance to relevance and I wish them the best in every game except for against us. They've done a great job of catching up (or passing us) and I hope we become partners in crime upsetting the other conferences.

• Downvote 1

I think some of the above comments show why I loathe the whole Pee Five thing.  We should not be forced to want nothing but multiple losses for the Knights without any concern for the future of the conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Go FAU!

I agree, that IF both us and UCF are undefeated on black Friday it would be an amazing opportunity for us... HOWEVER, having been a USF fan since around 1999, I don't have any evidence that we are going to take care of 100% of our own business. I'm not being negative, I think we can do it, but, pulling for UCF on the hopes that we win our next 8 games is a line I am not willing to cross.

If this was November and we were both undefeated, I may change my tune, but, a september game with a long season ahead doesn't make me a UCF fan. At this point, I don't care if they come into our game at 2-8... You don't see UM or UF fans hoping that Willie get's his crap together at FSU because it will ultimately help them, those guys are rolling around laughing at the implosion in Tallahassee.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

Curiously, would there ever be a chance for Gameday to visit USF vs C.?  Both would have to be undefeated, no doubt...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

Curiously, would there ever be a chance for Gameday to visit USF vs C.?  Both would have to be undefeated, no doubt...

I would say that would be a hard NO... they would have to move the game to Saturday for it to even be a possibility. But, every year, you also have Auburn/Alabama and Ohio State/Michigan... I think it would be hard to overcome those games and moving the game to Saturday wouldn't be feasible...

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Always lose.  There is only 1 situation in which I would want them to win, and that would be for them to knock out another division team, resulting in us winning the conference division.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Go FAU!

I agree, that IF both us and UCF are undefeated on black Friday it would be an amazing opportunity for us... HOWEVER, having been a USF fan since around 1999, I don't have any evidence that we are going to take care of 100% of our own business. I'm not being negative, I think we can do it, but, pulling for UCF on the hopes that we win our next 8 games is a line I am not willing to cross.

If this was November and we were both undefeated, I may change my tune, but, a september game with a long season ahead doesn't make me a UCF fan. At this point, I don't care if they come into our game at 2-8... You don't see UM or UF fans hoping that Willie get's his crap together at FSU because it will ultimately help them, those guys are rolling around laughing at the implosion in Tallahassee.

They are Pee Five. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

Unless the game is changed to a Sat it will never happen