• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I personally do not think it's a joke that we do not have a conference championship after 21 complete seasons..

Independent for 6 years - couldn't have won a championship... although, I think in 2001 we were 8-3 and in 2002, we were 9-2. Notre Dame had more losses than us each of those 2 years, so, I claim the Independent Conference Championship 2001 and 2002! Go Bulls!

We played 2 years in C-USA with largely 1AA players on the roster

We played 5 years in the BE with Leavitt and were on the cusp, but, didn't get there... PS, there are a LOT of teams who have never won a  BCS/P5 conference championship

We hired Skip Holtz (OK, this is a bit embarrassing)

We have been digging out of the Skip Holtz Hole

I think the mentality that "its a joke", or, we're somehow entitled to have won a conference championship by now is what is truly a joke... This is also the real thing that brought CJL down. Fans/Booster/Admin had too much success too soon... wanted more, couldn't embrace the moment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly I want the "National Champions" to be undefeated until we beat them. Beating an undefeated team helps more than a team that falls to FAU. Plus it would make for a great game to be watched which means more exposure. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

8 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

MOST rational people agree that we would have to be a package deal to get out of this conference.  

How does that work then, when a P5 has one opening?  We’ve managed to level if not lower ourselves only to feel like our hopes ride with UCF. And since we’ve aided and abetted their success, we’re likely to watch them continue their rise.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

How does that work then, when a P5 has one opening?  We’ve managed to level if not lower ourselves only to feel like our hopes ride with UCF. And since we’ve aided and abetted their success, we’re likely to watch them continue their rise.  

Hey Brad, some fair points were made well after I posted that.  Check out puc's (surprise!) and Trip's responses after my post that you quoted for more info.  Thanks very much!  

8 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It would be smart though to bring in an instant rivalry.  It seems like a smart investment long term.

If expanding to bring in one of the Us means bringing in both, there is an inherent weakness uncovered and likely neither make it.  

Bring USF into Big 12 and we pick up with WVU GLADLY!  No need for a geographically limited war on i4.  

7 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Would everyone prefer an undefeated matchup with UCF for the glory of that one game, or, for UCF to come in with 2 conference losses

I can see some wanting UCF to beat FAU for the drama, but you have to want them to lose in conference.  Why risk winning the division and the perceived value of an AAC  crown?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah, well who we rooting for tonight in that big Tulsa vs. Temple rivalry game?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

B) you are wrong. 

C) my first assertion in the post you replied to was New England’s math was wrong because more than 1 percent of posters on this board are from other teams; ie EZU.

I'd love to be wrong on B, may your insanity lead to power status! I'd be happy to call you a genius then.

You read too much into a screen name that was created long ago.  If I could change it I would, because a lot of people (you included) automatically begin driveling over the inconsequential whenever they see it.  If I had known it would bring out the lowest denominator in otherwise reasonable people I wouldn't have paid homage at the time.  At the time I was starting grad school and they were brought up to the conference and were pretty good...not a big deal.  It doesn't change my lifelong ties to a school that you can't claim any superiority over me to. 

Edited by ECUshoein

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,592
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, well who we rooting for tonight in that big Tulsa vs. Temple rivalry game?

Tulsa.  Temple's in our division.   We need every edge we can get to make it to the CCG even if that means weakening our SOS for now.

GO HURRICANE! GO BULLS!