• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Not going to post too much on this because it been covered ad nauseum on this board, but it is all about the TV ratings.  Remember what one of the top games of 2017 was.  Funny you think that even in a hypothetical situation that USF would ever be considered on their own, especially considering our attendance, if UCF was a bad team.  

Because we have potential. When we were in the big leagues our attendance was right where it ought to have been, of which only 1 out of the top 15 games have been against UCF (the ‘07 64-12 beat down). Our tv market is huge, our academics far better, we are one of only three left behind from BCS, our attendance has been there before, our stadium can fit more attendance, we have preeminence like the other P5 Florida schools.... We don’t need to hitch our wagon to another team, we need to forge our own path as we have always done.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree but those old arguments have been consistent since 2013 or so and haven't gotten us anywhere.  We'll see how it plays out in the next 5-6 years but clearly the P5 powers-that-be feel we are missing something.  

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I agree but those old arguments have been consistent since 2013 or so and haven't gotten us anywhere.  We'll see how it plays out in the next 5-6 years but clearly the P5 powers-that-be feel we are missing something.  

But the UCF package deal idea is new and novel? 💯 of the time in life you need to get there on your own and not hope to be dragged along by some other force. I guess there is always a chance that the powers that be could think that thing USF is missing is UCF but G-d help us if that’s true because history would dictate they simply would select only UCF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

How is this even a question? I want every team we play to win as many games as possible but still lose to us. Beating a whole bunch of 11-1 teams looks way better than mopping up a bunch of 1-11 teams. IT MAKES US LOOK BETTER. Forget what letters the opponent is using. If it's our game we win, if it is a future opponent, root for them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

So... there are definitely varied opinions of this, but...

Would everyone prefer an undefeated matchup with UCF for the glory of that one game, or, for UCF to come in with 2 conference losses and us having clinched our division no matter what happens in that game?

We're 3 weeks into the season. If UCF gets to 9-0 and we get to 10-0, then, I won't be pulling for them to lose their last game leading up to our showdown, but, for now, I hope they get embarrassed every time they step on the field. I'd rather them be out of the conversation and us coasting to the CCG without worry in that game.

College football is a competition for scarce resources. UCF, as sad as that maybe, has become our closest competitor for our resources. Why would there be any reason to actively cheer for a closer competition between us??  We really have the oddest fanbase. Good for UCF =\= good for USF, Good for UCF = Bad for USF, good for USF = good for USF. We aren’t an actual pair and we aren’t getting anywhere together. We are in a fight with them for survival and they would drop this “rivalry” and leave us here to die in the AAC every bit as fast as I hope we are planning to do to them. If anyone on our side is half as stupid as our fans and is actively pitching an idea of a USF/UCF tandem we deserve to be inevitably left behind. Ucf, who do think we should select? Uh us? Usf, who do you think we should select? Obviously us and our best friends UCF. Okay well it seems pretty clear from the candidates we should select UCF with a vote of 2-1, thank you for your time and UCF we look forward to working with you.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Page 11 of "Is UCF a rival?" delivers.

I wonder if we can keep this up all the way until the game?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Would everyone prefer an undefeated matchup with UCF for the glory of that one game, or, for UCF to come in with 2 conference losses and us having clinched our division no matter what happens in that game?

We're 3 weeks into the season. If UCF gets to 9-0 and we get to 10-0, then, I won't be pulling for them to lose their last game leading up to our showdown, but, for now, I hope they get embarrassed every time they step on the field. I'd rather them be out of the conversation and us coasting to the CCG without worry in that game.

So you cheer for things that actually benefit USF and not some potential greater glory, how quaint.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Best case scenario would be an undefeated match-up, but obviously we'd take a trip to the CCG however we can get it. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I just wonder if Michigan fans root for OSU?  I know FSU and uf fans aren't rooting for the other team to win.  Growing up an FSU fan, I and everyone I knew wanted uf 0-11 every year.