• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Needs to Add 2019 Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Just out of curiosity who was it that delivered us to rock bottom and the worst season in our history? I can never remember.

Easy answer.  Skip Holtz.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Well its like a pitcher in baseball. When they leave the game and were responsible for the runners on base they are charged for the earned runs even though they did not cross home plate when they were pitching. So yeah it was Skippys fault plain and simple. The demise started in his tenure.

The games were started during Skippy’s tenure but finished under CWT’s tenure? Trying to turn us into Stanford had nothing to do with it? Skippy was the absolute worst but by some miracle he managed to beat all of his FBS teams and one more game than CWT.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Easy answer.  Skip Holtz.  

Maybe the ghost of Skippy past played a role in it but CWT and his Stanford offense played a part in one upping the guy. Skip was like “no one can destroy this program that CJL built quite like me.” Then he got fired and CWT said “hold my beer.” 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

31 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Give me one of UF, FSU or Miami. 

I would certainly be down for that even if we had to do a 2 for 1 deal or a longer series. We have one with Florida already for 2022A, 2023H, 2025A . Miami would be a good pick if they have room or want to bump out some FCS team until later. FSU might be cautious about picking us up for next season based on how things are going right now (not well).

Or we could just take a straight up pay day type game against anyone from the P5 -- hopefully with some moderate or above national respect.

Did CMU reschedule for later or drop the entire home and home? Is there a link to the information?

Here is a quick link to USF future schedules on GOUSFBULLS.com:

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2012/1/17/611637.aspx

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Well its like a pitcher in baseball. When they leave the game and were responsible for the runners on base they are charged for the earned runs even though they did not cross home plate when they were pitching. So yeah it was Skippys fault plain and simple. The demise started in his tenure.

That's 1980s thinking. Nowadays, we use advance metrics and track things like, "inherited runners scored."

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Since we have 3 P5 games on schedule in 19 I believe..how about Appalachain State?  They play a good brand of football and have name recognition plus, the media likes them and a good draw. It wouldn't be a patsy/gimme game at all. If it went home/home. They have a nice stadium in a fun town( Boone) that is very popular with Tampa area folks. A lot if FL kids go to App State.  Away game would prob be a popular USF fan destination in the Fall in the mtns. I think they would be a good addition to AAC too. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's 1980s thinking. Nowadays, we use advance metrics and track things like, "inherited runners scored."

Or Skippys WAR vs Taggarts WAR.  The data all points to getting Holtzed.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Just out of curiosity who was it that delivered us to rock bottom and the worst season in our history? I can never remember.

It was Judy when she betrayed CJL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1