• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baker to cover USFvECU this weekend while JK visits family.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

12 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

so apparently we either aren’t very entertaining or not good. I’m also not sure what game he watched tonight that told him FAU might be good or entertaining. Dude is a joke. We are better off without coverage this weekend because he doesn’t even try to hide his bias. 

Also, hold the phone because a fake handoff to a wheel route is “cutting edge”. I guess some high school JV teams are ahead of curve. 

This is really annoying-- did he stop watching the game after the first half or something?

This MB guy is a hack and what is more ridiculous is his bio on this page:

https://muckrack.com/matt-baker/bio

that includes this unbelievable comment (I believe he wrote this himself):

" I love enterprise projects and enjoy crunching thousands of numbers for big-picture stories. Recruiting and statistics fascinate me. "

OK stat boy-- how do you not recognize the offensive yardage numbers that the Bulls have put up so far this season? Or even the two back to back KO TDs by Horne? What stats do you care about to make you feel that FAU and UCF are putting up that make them so more impressive than USF?

It is madness. And that above quote would lead you to believe he puts in the effort to review what teams do each week when he puts together his rankings. More BS.

Screw this guy.

The only thing I can think of is that some sports editor at the TBT has a huge attitude about USF in general--- and directs his numerous troll reporters to kick us in the nuts at every opportunity. Sure-- they put a nice article about USF in there ever now and then -- perhaps to show "look how unbiased we are" but in general, they treat us worse than most high school teams

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

If fishing were banned in the Bay, would the fishwrap fail to exist?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Hey, hey, hey!! Barbarian?? Not sure how I would handle a day without getting that ink on my fingers .... that's unfathomable to me. Kind of like JT without his daily hour long dump .... two hour after Taco Tuesday.

Excuse me sir, that would be his daily hour-long UCF.

This topic meant so much more in the early days of USF Football, Basketball and other sports when there was minimal television. Also, before the interwebz and the far improved GoUSFBulls.com site.  (I remember watching the ESPN crawl because basketball games weren't on TV, but there was a chance you could catch a score update on the crawl.)

Now, you have all sorts of great information first hand - you can watch nearly every game - even replays. Interpret results yourself! There are well written, informative features on GoUSFBulls.com.  I don't see the need to endure any of these TBT guys' acerbic, misplaced criticism/insults of USF.  Why?  What do they bring to the table?

Decades ago you had to read the Trib or St. Pete Times for USF info.  You don't any longer.  Get over it.  Much like the wave of cord-cutters, be a paper shredder.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

This topic meant so much more in the early days of USF Football, Basketball and other sports when there was minimal television. Also, before the interwebz and the far improved GoUSFBulls.com site.  (I remember watching the ESPN crawl because basketball games weren't on TV, but there was a chance you could catch a score update on the crawl.)

Now, you have all sorts of great information first hand - you can watch nearly every game - even replays. Interpret results yourself! There are well written, informative features on GoUSFBulls.com.  I don't see the need to endure any of these TBT guys' acerbic, misplaced criticism/insults of USF.  Why?  What do they bring to the table?

Decades ago you had to read the Trib or St. Pete Times for USF info.  You don't any longer.  Get over it.  Much like the wave of cord-cutters, be a paper shredder.

well said--- newspapers are this centuries version of the buggy whip.

You would think they would try HARDER to give informed analysis. How idiots like Martin Fennelly still have a job is just baffling to me. The guy can barely write a complete sentence let alone a cognizant paragraph. Ask yourself this-- how often do you bother visiting the TBT website? That shows you how important these so-called media experts in Tampa are in general.

Much better methods to getting news and informed opinions - you could count this message forum as perhaps the best place to find out all things Bulls sports.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have not read an actual newspaper in 4 years... can’t imagine how they are staying in business or just an electron it presence...too much competition 

Not unlike other media outlets, they are likely catering to a specific reader base.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

you could count this message forum as perhaps the best place to find out all things Bulls sports.

This is the reason I signed up. 

And we have the technology that when a fan becomes a "Martin Fennelly-type a-hole" you can simply ignore.  

So easy.  :)

seriously-- if you take the collective wisdom of our fans on this board-- and their desire to delve into all aspects of USF sports and the school itself- how can other places really compete. Years ago, I recall many of the stories we would see in the paper seemed to originate out of threads we had on here. That might still happen-- I don't know as I have not lived in Tampa for over 4 years and have no interest in following what those fishwraps have to say.