• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baker to cover USFvECU this weekend while JK visits family.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

Ive been calling him out all all year because he voted FSU in the top 20 based on talent .. but yet still won’t vote Usf in.. he’s getting pretty annoyed with me thus far 😂 .. when I said how about you let teams whom win 7 games the previous year earn it first like you do Usf.. 

Edited by NYCbull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

We'd be better off if the TBT's just stop doing stories on USF athletics.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

Ive been calling him out all all year because he voted FSU in the top 20 based on talent .. but yet still won’t vote Usf in.. he’s getting pretty annoyed with me thus far 😂 .. when I said how about you let teams whom win 7 games the previous year earn it first like you do Usf.. 

Keep up the good work NYCbull! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

49 minutes ago, BullTime said:

We'd be better off if the TBT's just stop doing stories on USF athletics.

dbf.gif

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Nothing like checking out the latest TBT tweets on the TBP and seeing an article on UF and Franks and another ad nauseum article about Taggart and FSU’s awful Oline.  Hey Baker, you’re slacking, where’s the UCF, Miami, FAU and FIU coverage?

It appears we no longer have a beat writer.  It looks like USF coverage is just included with the other programs in the state and we know where TBT slots the hometown team vs the others.

Pitiful!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Nothing like checking out the latest TBT tweets on the TBP and seeing an article on UF and Franks and another ad nauseum article about Taggart and FSU’s awful Oline.  Hey Baker, you’re slacking, where’s the UCF, Miami, FAU and FIU coverage?

It appears we no longer have a beat writer.  It looks like USF coverage is just included with the other programs in the state and we know where TBT slots the hometown team vs the others.

Pitiful!

And this is why I don’t come down on Joey too heavily. If he goes there will be even greater darkness. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

we know where TBT slots the hometown team vs the others.

Apparently above FSU since our beat writer was in Chicago and not Syracuse ...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, NYCbull said:

He didn’t like when me and others questioned why he put Miami on his ballot. Miami has 2 wins. One g5 and one FCS. Definitive proof that people pay attention to preseason rankings and ignore teams that weren’t in the preseason top 25. 

Here’s a fun little thread to read. The first one questioning it isn’t me but MB kind of eats his own words  

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Apparently above FSU since our beat writer was in Chicago and not Syracuse ...

Sure doesn’t reflect it on the cover of the sports page

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

I see this as a positive. I have no issues with Joey overall (I do not like the way the Times reports turnstile, but that is a newspaper policy and not one of a single writer). 

The reason this is a positive, for those who don't realize, Matt is the only one at the Times who has an AP vote this year (to the best of my knowledge, each paper would only get one and they would rotate it around their writers). So, we get to play in front of an AP voter who hasn't had much of a chance to see us play this year. 

These reporters might not like our fans at times, but they really don't have anything against USF. Any writer wants their beat to be relevant, but that can happen in wins and losses. 

Honestly, the AP poll won't matter to me for a couple more weeks, and all I will care about is putting USF in a position to be the top group of 5, so that if we can win our conference we get to go to somewhere other than Birmingham (which is lovely in December). 

My expectation is that the Times AP vote as the year rolls on, should be no lower than USF's actual ranking (meaning if we are 23, then the Times vote should be 23 or higher), in that a reporter in our home town is more aware of our success to include us at a proper ranking, than say someone in Wyoming, who has no idea who we are.