• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please help me understand these penalties.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, MMW said:

I guess I would just call it venting.  I got to scream at the TV I've but that didn't seem enough.

Yeah I get that...you  should’ve seen me on Saturday during the game. It was not a good scene. 😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,664
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes,  you have a legitimate question in your initial post. But it has now escalated into the calls being incorrect. Yeah, some probably were but it just makes us sounds like whiners. Refs make ****** calls in our favor all the time...it all evens out in the end. Also a lot of these “calls” were self inflicted. For example the tripping penalty was  irrelevant for me as soon as the lineman got knocked down on his ass to begin with.  Not singling out this thread, but there are others that sounds like a gripe session 

Didn't they pick up a holding call flag on a USF TD play?  Don't see that often.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Except even with the lineman getting knocked on his ass, we completed the pass.Was it a great block? By no means, but it was a football play that called a penalty. So instead of first and goal, we punted. It more than likely took points off the board for us.

Does it make up for the awful first half? No. But it had an impact. Refs aren't supposed to make an impact. 

And there are some on here that agreed with the call.   You watched it 10 times in slow motion.  The Ref got one shot at game speed.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 hours ago, chapelbull said:

It's pretty tough to surmise intent when the play is taking place at game speed.  I didn't see the tripping play specifically, but I didn't think it was a poorly officiated game overall.  There were plenty of bonehead mistakes by our guys.  We need to clean it up

The bonehead ones are the ones I worry about much more. I didn't like the outcome, but that play wouldn't even have been in my top 10 for things that pissed me off during the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

And there are some on here that agreed with the call.   You watched it 10 times in slow motion.  The Ref got one shot at game speed.

That’s not a penalty you can just guess on. Holding, sure. But that one has to be clear. It wasn’t. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That’s not a penalty you can just guess on. Holding, sure. But that one has to be clear. It wasn’t. 

To you, at least one poster said it was a good call and the ref obviously thought it was tripping