• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Joining P5 vs Being P6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Wasn't sure where to put this, but....

I guess their SOS is better. The preseason ranking didn't hurt either

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24815987/cfp-director-bill-hancock-says-there-path-ucf-knights-reach-playoff

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24815987/cfp-director-bill-hancock-says-there-path-ucf-knights-reach-playoff

Too bad for them that there's a big ol' 🐂 standing in that path! 🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Headline: "ESPN’s College Football Playoff Eliminator has declared that all but 46 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision have no chance to make the Playoff." (Link is below)

Ok, I surrender. There is no P6. I'm disgusted, however, by the farce that somehow a team like Maryland is still on this list, yet "it's not looking good" for any undefeated G5 teams. That's not surprising to me (I understand the deck is stacked against our conference and I get all the reasons why), but the blatant attitude of "screw you and the ugly G5 horse you rode in on" pisses me off. The invisible ceiling is looking more and more like a solid iron curtain... I know, I know, it was a solid barrier as soon as P5/G5 was invented. {sigh}

https://caneswarning.com/2018/09/26/miami-hurricanes-one-46-fbs-teams-still-alive-cfp-per-espn/amp/

“So a few ground rules: Every Group of 5 team with a loss is eliminated. That includes an independent like BYU. After the CFP selection committee speaks on Oct. 30, we’ll see about any remaining Group of 5 unbeatens. For now, let’s just say it doesn’t look good.

Every Power 5 team with one loss or fewer is still alive. Even the aforementioned Hokies. And Maryland, which lost to Temple. And Texas and Minnesota, which lost to Maryland. You get the point….A single two-loss team has escaped elimination.”

If Maryland runs the table (they won't), they will look better than an undefeated G5 team.  Beating up on Tulsa, Tulane, UConn SMU, etc. just doesn't impress anyone

13 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

That's what he has to say.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

These discussions are moot.  We don't know what it would take for a G5 to make it to the playoff since there is no defined metric outside of what a group of people, "think" are the four best teams and as long as they think that the G5 as a whole is inferior, we're out.

9 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

These discussions are moot.  We don't know what it would take for a G5 to make it to the playoff since there is no defined metric outside of what a group of people, "think" are the four best teams and as long as they think that the G5 as a whole is inferior, we're out.

It is

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I will put this right here. "I'd say there's a 60% chance that USF is in a different Conference next year".

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I will put this right here. "I'd say there's a 60% chance that USF is in a different Conference next year".

Inquiring minds want to know... 🤔

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

22 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Do you know someone at the AAC in marketing? Is it changing the name? To be honest, I'm still only iffy on it.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

18 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Inquiring minds want to know... 🤔

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

Do you know someone at the AAC in marketing? Is it changing the name? To be honest, I'm still only iffy on it.

As we all know, the AAC is entering into it's exclusive negotiating period with ESPN (February 2019). It is believed that Aresco and the American Athletic Conference schools have decided to maximize their next contract. They will offer the AAC's complete media rights to ESPN for a sizable figure. ESPN is expected to pass which would send the AAC to the open market. The last time this happened was with the Old Big East. We all know what happened next. ESPN had the ACC swoop in and take Pittsburg, Syracuse and Eventually Louisville (Who replaced Maryland). Anyway, this sent the Old Big East's media rights value into a nose dive and ESPN picked up the conference on the cheap. ESPN doesn't want to give out a huge increase to the AAC and possibly legitimize the notion that the AAC is a possible power conference. That goes directly against their long standing Narrative.

I expect the same to occur again. This time USF, UCF and possibly Cincinnati and one other school will move conferences. The remaining AAC will refill and be picked up by ESPN once again on the cheap. That's my feel for things and I'm gonna stick with that until something else happens.

Edited by Azmodi