• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most Yards in Consecutive Games (Passing)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I’m pretty sure the UCF and TTU games that QF threw no 1 yard passes that turned into 85 yard gains. As the kids say, he was fire both games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I could toss the ball 1 foot in front of me to Rodney Adams and get credited for an 85 yard TD pass.  Just sayin not all passing yards are the same. You can do anything with numbers. Not hating on QF but he doesn't throw the ball like Barnett.

That is how Joe Montana won Super Bowls and got into the nfl hall of fame. Five yard pass to Rice became an 80 yard TD. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I could toss the ball 1 foot in front of me to Rodney Adams and get credited for an 85 yard TD pass.  Just sayin not all passing yards are the same. You can do anything with numbers. Not hating on QF but he doesn't throw the ball like Barnett.

Of course, but same argument could be said for most all the top USF QBs including BB (who has even more talent at WR IMO). I just don't recall as many knocks on them as I do for Q, yet he had huge passing games. No doubt BB is a purer passer and may eclipse Q if defenses don't work to shut him down, I'm just observing that Quinton isn't at the bottom of any USF passing stat sheet.

9 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Q success came from throwing to big windows due to the concern defenses had with his athleticism. 

Definitely, but the key here is that he made very many of those passes, with few INTs.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just because people point out that AirBnB is a better passer than Q, doesn't take away what Q had done.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Just because people point out that AirBnB is a better passer than Q, doesn't take away what Q had done.  

+1. I said I wasn't knocking Q but the eye test tells me BB is a better true passer than QF.  No one matched QF for pure excitement.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I know what everyone is saying, but, I can't remember a ton of games where a QF led offense was held to only 7 points through 3 quarters... and on one hand (after Tags let him play) the number of games with less than 30 points...

I don't care what it looks like, I want to see wins. Phillip Rivers is one of the best QBs in the NFL, what has that gotten his team during his career? A whole lot of nothing. Meanwhile, Joe Flacco and Nick Foles have super bowl rings.

I personally vote than any thread about BB not have any comparisons at all to QF. IF and it's a big IF there is one comparison, I would say that they both seem to have a second gear in crunch time. How many times did QF put the team on his back late in a game. That was my biggest concern coming it. It appears as though BB has that same ability. It is going to look different, but, there is no reason to compare.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I don’t think anyone is thinking otherwise...unless I missed something.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

When people were saying that they could toss a 1 yd pass to RA, or MVS, and have him run 85 yds, not sure how else you could interpret that any way other than taking away from what Q did. May not have meant it to sound that way but it did. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

When people were saying that they could toss a 1 yd pass to RA, or MVS, and have him run 85 yds, not sure how else you could interpret that any way other than taking away from what Q did. May not have meant it to sound that way but it did. 

Truth 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well yeah, that is, but that goes beyond just saying the Blake is a better passer than Q.