• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

To add to the tail end above.... it makes for an awesome game day atmosphere - one which we are sorely lacking except in small pockets of the fanbase. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

I am currently dating a UF grad (yeah yeah save the comments), and after the USF-GT game we drove to Gainesville and went to the UF-UK game. We did not sit down except for at halftime, and the vast majority of the stadium stood the vast majority of the time. Nobody in my section or visible in nearby sections watched seated. I also enjoy traveling and attending college football games in venues I have not yet been to, and have made it to nearly every SEC stadium for a home game. Folks stand up the majority time. They yell loudest during an opponent's 3rd down and after their team scores, but they yell early and often and are educated as fanbases about when it is appropriate to so so. I don't think I have been seated for much of any game (to avoid being the only person seated in the section) except at Tennessee. The opponent for that game happened to be an FCS opponent so that may have had something to do with it. We can split hairs about specifics, but the fact of the matter is that huge numbers of fans at schools with prominent football programs spend a majority of the time standing while watching their games.

And you just proved that it doesn’t really do much to effect the outcome. So what’s the reason?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

We could save millions of $$$ by not installing any seats in our OCS.  Make the whole place SRO.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I also enjoy traveling and attending college football games in venues I have not yet been to, and have made it to nearly every SEC stadium for a home game. Folks stand up the majority time.

That's probably because bleacher seating is the worst and it's more comfortable standing ...

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

No, but the Tampa Sports Authority does:

Fans that enter RJS are asked to enjoy the game from the comfort of the seat indicated on their ticket. When fans stand, they block the view of fans behind them. It is not the intent to limit fans’ enjoyment of the game, but continuous standing in seating areas will not be permitted. Guests may choose to stand and watch the game in the end zone plazas, club lounges, or concourses. Please follow the directions of ushers and security.

http://raymondjamesstadium.com/a-z-fan-guide/

Notice the phrase "Continuous Standing." If you read the rest of my post I said I don't stand the whole game but when it gets to an exciting part I will stand. Not continuous. but feel free to be offended by how great my ass looks while I stand to cheer on my team. HAHA ;) 

Keep in mind in my section this is a non issue because everyone stands and not by obligation. I actually moved sections so I could. Can't make everyone happy. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

Notice the phrase "Continuous Standing." If you read the rest of my post I said I don't stand the whole game but when it gets to an exciting part I will stand. Not continuous. but feel free to be offended by how great my ass looks while I stand to cheer on my team. HAHA ;) 

Wow! TSA sounds like rules from a Catholic School--"No talking, Laughing, Turning Around of Fooling Around".... and extremely, PC  Hmmm? Now that could be a basis for an OCS

9 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Wow! TSA sounds like rules from a Catholic School--"No talking, Laughing, Turning Around of Fooling Around".... and extremely, PC  Hmmm? Now that could be a basis for an OCS

I have very rarely seen this enforced. Usually it is more to do with the fan being drunk and belligerent or getting in an argument with someone. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Wow! TSA sounds like rules from a Catholic School--"No talking, Laughing, Turning Around of Fooling Around"....

Maybe they should start supplying ushers with rulers. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe they should start supplying ushers with rulers. 

Nuns as ushers...3 corner ruler-ping pong paddle