Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad

Recommended Posts

UCF doing well benefits the league. Right now we need the league.  The better the rivalry the better our TV contract will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

UCF doing well benefits the league. Right now we need the league.  The better the rivalry the better our TV contract will be.

Not sure it really works like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Not sure it really works like that

I’m sure it doesn’t. If you are a network would you dump money into a television contract for a conference no one else is competing with you for because a game once a year maybe could one day develop into an exciting back and forth rivalry that if it actually becomes valuable will then be snatched up by a new conference that sees an opportunity to make money? No of course not, if one wants to see the valuation of P6 they need not look any further than our Under Armour negotiation following are move to the AAC, it consisted of “bye”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puc86 said:

I’m sure it doesn’t. If you are a network would you dump money into a television contract for a conference no one else is competing with you for because a game once a year maybe could one day develop into an exciting back and forth rivalry that if it actually becomes valuable will then be snatched up by a new conference that sees an opportunity to make money? No of course not, if one wants to see the valuation of P6 they need not look any further than our Under Armour negotiation following are move to the AAC, it consisted of “bye”.

I was trying to not completely crush his dream ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chapelbull said:

I was trying to not completely crush his dream ... 

I was actually aiming for tactful on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

It's a bar promo because their game was cancelled.  Be careful or someone might argue that they are "in our head" and question our security since we are concerned with what promos their bars are running

I was addressing a comment here about it being a rivalry, not some dopey bar promotion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B league rivalries of note:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brad said:

B league rivalries of note:

 

 

Looks pretty complete to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Brad said:

I was addressing a comment here about it being a rivalry, not some dopey bar promotion.  

Unfortunately, right now it is a "rivalry" whether we like it or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want C to win. I hope they go undefeated till they meet us every year. Then we snatch their souls annually. Right now it’s the best rivalry in FL and I know it irks the Big 3. It’s why I love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×