• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

This thread caused me to go back to 2016 and again look at that compensation package in relation to UT. 

I stumbled across this article that was written prior to the terms of the USF deal with CCS being released. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12/11/new-job-charlie-strong-could-mean-money-saved-ut/

Even through the title in the link says "Could mean" the actual title of the article is much more optimistic. 

"New job for Charlie Strong means UT saves millions"

Actually it should have read "saves MILLION". 

Then at the bottom of the article (the basis of which is based on a assumption) it says " Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap."

:05-nono:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

TheGreatOutlaw gave his reason in the quote (natural rivalry), which I agree with. I hate UCF more than most, but bitter rivalries are what college football is SUPPOSED to be about. UF/UGA, Ala/Aub, UM/OSU, USC/UCLA, all these schools hate the other, but it's amazing when they play. In terms of why it makes sense for any conference to take both, $$ TV ratings (last years game was huge ratings), Orlando/Tampa tv markets and a travel partner. In addition, the Big 12 have 10 teams, I doubt they expand by only one team. Also, what is the instant appeal about playing Big 12 teams that we don't have any history with, the only one we would have is WVU (which would be amazing to rekindle that); so it would be nice to have a few teams we have history with (UCF and Cincy). 

I’m pretty sure college football is about making as much money as possible, becoming part of the power and then oppressing those without power. We seemed to be doing just fine when we weren’t playing UCF and were having better games against more exciting opponents. I guess some may think they are a natural fit because they are close but so is the University of Tampa and Florida Southern, doesn’t mean we should be aiming down towards aligning ourselves with them. Life was better when we aimed higher, we shouldn’t settle for the closest team to us and I would be just as happy to leave them behind and never see them again.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Does every thread require a reference to/debate about XCWT?  Jesus guys lets move the **** on already..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m pretty sure college football is about making as much money as possible, becoming part of the power and then oppressing those without power. We seemed to be doing just fine when we weren’t playing UCF and were having better games against more exciting opponents. I guess some may think they are a natural fit because they are close but so is the University of Tampa and Florida Southern, doesn’t mean we should be aiming down towards aligning ourselves with them. Life was better when we aimed higher, we shouldn’t settle for the closest team to us and I would be just as happy to leave them behind and never see them again.

Yes, college football is about making money and rivalry games make money. As with all aspects of life, things change. At one point UCF was below us, but the last time I checked, they are a more successful (I will not say "better" because they do all of the wrong things) football program than us (multiple conference championships, IPF, OCS, NY6 bowl victories), geez I want to puke now; but, the point is, at this point in time, UCF is the next darling for Big 12 expansion. We are the school who does things the right way, unfortunately, that is not the way college football works. UCF is a nasty, dirty, vile program, who cares about nothing or no one but themselves and that's why they have had the success on the field, and in the eyes of college football, that's ok (because of the ESPN/Orlando crap). The bottom line is that our best chance at P5 will most likely include UCF. If we can get in without them, that would be great, but the odds are not likely. 

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Yes, college football is about making money and rivalry games make money. As with all aspects of life, things change. At one point UCF was below us, but the last time I checked, they are a more successful (I will not say "better" because they do all of the wrong things) football program than us (multiple conference championships, IPF, OCS, NY6 bowl victories), geez I want to puke now; but, the point is, at this point in time, UCF is the next darling for Big 12 expansion. We are the school who does things the right way, unfortunately, that is not the way college football works. UCF is a nasty, dirty, vile program, who cares about nothing or no one but themselves and that's why they have had the success on the field, and in the eyes of college football, that's ok (because of the ESPN/Orlando crap). The bottom line is that our best chance at P5 will most likely include UCF. If we can get in without them, that would be great, but the odds are not likely. 

This is simply not true and if it were Boise would have been called up a decade ago and UCF would have been called up during the last dog and pony show we preformed in. When it comes to the measurables that have actually mattered in conference alignment we are at least on par with UCF and in many cases better. When it comes to school prestige they have more in common with FIU than they do with us. Some fans may care about conference championships but thus far expansion hasn’t at all. What benefit does it bring any other president in the league to try to convince them that you will beat them out of conference victories? Tv market, academic prestige, alumni, money in their pockets that’s the kind of things that speak towards who gets picked vs who doesn’t, not one time has anyone worried about AAC championships because not one person knows or cares about who has ever won one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

To say that 2016 USF loses 100 times out of 100 times to an average GT team is the single DUMBEST thing I've ever heard on TBP

Not sure I’d go that far but it is one of the dumbest things in a while. Beauty is when CCS leaves to go back to the P5, it’ll be xCC$ and wins like GT the credit will go to BB. That’s how we roll ....... Jilted Lover Syndrome. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

26 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Does every thread require a reference to/debate about XCWT?  Jesus guys lets move the **** on already..... 

Jilted lovers typically have a hard time letting go.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure I’d go that far but it is one of the dumbest things in a while. Beauty is when CCS leaves to go back to the P5, it’ll be xCC$ and wins like GT the credit will go to BB. That’s how we roll ....... Jilted Lover Syndrome. 

You think Charlie would do that to me 🤔 At the start of the fourth quarter you could hear all the rumblings in the crowd, everyone knew the game was over and the reason they all felt that way is because they have been trained to expect us to lose these games. I stand by my assertion we would lose this game every time with our last two coaches, convince me otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Jilted lovers typically have a hard time letting go.  

Either that or discussing your current coach in terms of your previous coaches is a pretty normal thing to do.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, puc86 said:

Either that or discussing your current coach in terms of your previous coaches is a pretty normal thing to do.

No "either" about it ... What I said is absolutely true, as is what you said, in terms of TBP.   You've just taken over as leader of the Jilted Lovers group - and it appears to have been a pretty bloody coup.