• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LeBatard has USF and UCF as best teams in the State?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

From "The Identity Tampa Bay" that showed up in my Inbox:

Are USF and UCF the best teams in the state?
LEAD PHOTO
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Or tripped, at least. 

We’re two weeks in to the college football season, and of the state’s five biggest college football programs – only the Bulls and Knights remain undefeated. 

Miami-made sports radio host Dan Le Batard took notice Monday, and called out the current state of college football in Florida. 

“South Florida and Central Florida are vying to be the best teams in the state,” Le Batard said (with about nine minutes left in the segment). 

“I am so sad these days that Florida, FSU, and Miami are afterthoughts. That used to be running the sport, you know what I mean? Those three teams, whenever they played, you had to pay attention on Saturdays!” 

And now? We’re not sure what you should worry about more in Tallahassee: the Seminoles’ struggles against FCS Samford, or that lame turnover backpack. For a program that once stood on the shoulders of giants, the red-leather accessory indicates a long fall from grace. If you’re going to embrace a sideline trophy, go all in  Miami’s turnover chain cost $98,000.   

The Gators just blew the nation’s longest winning streak to Kentucky – who last beat UF in 1986, four years before Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web. 

You could make a better argument for No. 21 Miami. The Hurricanes lost in Week 1 – but don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater; Miami lost to No. 12 LSU, and is the only one of the group to blow early-season FCS competition out of the water*.   

(*Miami beat Savannah State 77-0 – while UCF QB McKenzie Milton threw three interceptions against S.C. State, FSU trailed Samford at halftime, and South Florida didn’t cover the spread against Elon Phoenix.) 

Even still – the question remains: are UCF and South Florida the best teams in the state? For the time being, we think so - but don't count Miami out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

He is probably trying to be inflammatory to try to get people to call in, but I’ll take it. If people say something enough, people eventually start believing it. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm interested in this turnover backpack. Does Taggart have a new gimmick?

You haven’t seen it? I call it a turnover purse, it’s glorious.50182273-919A-4695-A066-6B7D53C54C09.thumb.jpeg.8253e5111d49c9184790b1a6d21ae898.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, puc86 said:

You haven’t seen it? I call it a turnover purse, it’s glorious.50182273-919A-4695-A066-6B7D53C54C09.thumb.jpeg.8253e5111d49c9184790b1a6d21ae898.jpeg

OMG, it's the most gloriously hideous and stupid thing I've ever seen.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

OMG, it's the most gloriously hideous and stupid thing I've ever seen.

Miami has a $100,000 giant gem incrusted  Ibis that FSU thought was stupid and now they have a $500 woman’s purse that they have to pretend not to hate. I have never been happier to have CCS as a coach.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Miami has a $100,000 giant gem incrusted  Ibis that FSU thought was stupid and now they have a $500 woman’s purse that they have to pretend not to hate. I have never been happier to have CCS as a coach.

The only thing it is missing is "THE TEAM"

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The only thing it is missing is "THE TEAM"

Yep. It could only be more perfectly CWT if it had been confiscated for violating the stadiums clear bag policy.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

From what I've seen, it's "securing the bag"

From what I’ve seen, it’s “dumb”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1