• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Genshaft to retire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

Her announcement:

To the USF community, USF Board of Trustees and Florida Board of Governors:

The University of South Florida System is on a trajectory unlike ever before in its history. We are reaching milestones once reserved for universities twice our age. We are being recognized by everyone from local supporters to state leaders to national and global higher education stakeholders. We continue to make groundbreaking strides in research, student success, teaching and community impact. And we are coming together, for the good of our students, as one united, strong and dynamic university.

Because of this positive momentum, my family and I believe that this is the right time for me to step down from my post as President, effective July 1, 2019. It has been the honor of my professional career to be part of this journey since the year 2000.

USF is on the cusp of a new era because of the collective will and tenacity of the entire USF community. This year we were named a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, we were welcomed into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa national honor society, we surpassed our $1 billion goal for our Unstoppable campaign, we reached a record of $568 million in annual research expenditures and we admitted the most accomplished freshmen class in our university’s history. The USF System has transformed into a vibrant community, with millions of dollars in new residential, academic and research facilities, including our new USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and Heart Institute in downtown Tampa. And I’m especially proud of the national recognition USF has received for our efforts to improve student success and close the graduation gap among students of all races, ethnicities and socioeconomic status.

(Read about more of our accomplishments detailed in this year’s Fall Address).

All of us working together as a USF community – the students, faculty, staff, university administration, Board of Trustees, alumni, fans and supporters – is what made these achievements possible. It is this community that decided, together, to push the limits of our own potential. It is this community that will keep pushing forward as we reach greater heights of excellence.

I know that our leadership team, including our trustees, vice presidents and deans, will ensure that our strong momentum continues during the transition and beyond.

Nearly two decades ago, this university and this Tampa Bay community welcomed me, Steve and our sons into its family. The impact that this community has made on me and my family cannot be overstated, and we are deeply grateful. Thank you for your support and friendship.

GO BULLS!

Judy Genshaft
USF System President

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

55 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think the person living their dream AND never plateaued is retiring today.

It would have been possible for more than one person to live their dream and if people were as fanatic about their academics as they were their sports they would have been crying nine years ago about having never gotten to AAU status.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Bring back Renu Khator!

Isn’t she at Houston? Would she leave?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I think the person living their dream AND never plateaued is retiring today.

She didn't strike a student athlete or interfere with an official investigation either.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Isn’t she at Houston? Would she leave?

Given that Carlucci went with her there and then finally got busted for his lack of ethics I wouldn't want her back.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Bring back Renu Khator!

The city and the university would never let her walk. She's their Genshaft.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow! An end of an era for USF. Not surprised though as she will be 70 this year I believe. 

Genshaft? Genshaft?  **** my diploma say's John Lott Brown... ahh? and we have a problem with 70 why?? young buck.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Genshaft? Genshaft?  **** my diploma say's John Lott Brown... ahh? and we have a problem with 70 why?? young buck.

I wish I was a young Buck! My diploma says Francis T Borkowski. John Lott Brown? **** you are old 😂. That was the dude that hated sports and screwed us in some many ways athletically. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wish I was a young Buck! My diploma says Francis T Borkowski. John Lott Brown? **** you are old 😂. That was the dude that hated sports and screwed us in some many ways athletically. 

Ha! Judy and I share one thing we are both 70. Yes, I believe Brown was more of a biblical character...USF had little direction in the olden days basically it was handy to get to. Judy has had her high points for the school (and lows). We can be hopeful that maybe Kelly and Strong 🏈 are on the selection comm get us someone who wants to jump on board move sports forward. Hopefully keep us away from someone from the left coast keep it southerly