• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What one USF loss made/makes you the most upset?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

Man-- I got on a bit of a tangent over in the CousinRicky FAVORITE WINNING thread and almost dropped this bit of experience in the wrong place..... enjoy?

When we played at Norman versus OU back in 2002 - most the fans were really nice to us before the game-- but I overheard some dope OU fan talking crap about us as we walked in to the game. That was a hell of a game -- much better than the fiasco of playing int Little Rock against Arkansas. We did not have a huge traveling crowd for that one-- probably because most were going to the OU later. The tailgate was nice and friendly-- but our poor performance in the game (we got destroyed) allowed some less intelligent fans to start getting loud, saying stuff like "we'd get a better game from Arkansas State" (1-AA at the time). Yeah-- I suppose you would if you didn't have the refs give you every single call in the game until you had a 30 point lead and then suddenly they start calling BS on you to make it look balanced at a point when the game was totally over. That was a game where we kicked a field goal just to avoid getting shut out- lost 42-3. I actually had the pleasure of riding on the bus sitting next to Lee Roy Selmon and as we waded through the huge crowd of people,  I recall asking him if we got our check for this already (think we got $600K for that game).

and yeah-- this video is not a lot of fun to watch and shows none of the controversial calls by the refs early on.

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

confused-- didn't the Ball State loss happen 5 years after 2007 Rutgers game? you mentioned "at the time"

I meant that the day it happened, it was a bigger emotional blow to me than the previous losses. When we lost to Rutgers, we still could win the conference, play in a BCS game, had grothe coming back for 2 more years. We were on an upward trajectory. The BS loss was when I really grasped that we were falling hard. It was a game we would have seen as an easy win at one time and we had just lost it. It bothered me. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, MikeG said:

Pick just one game-- one-- not a list -- you want to do that, make your own thread.

THE ONE USF GAME THAT BOTHERS YOU TO THIS DAY

for me-- it is easy-- The 2007 Rutgers game, infamous for the illegal forward propelling of the ball call.

That game had so many annoying calls and plays that just frustrated me beyond belief. When I think about it, I get angry. That one game really messed with the teams mojo imo. Took them three games to recover.

We should have won that game. It felt like it was stolen from us. And it was one of those Thursday ESPN jobs where all the things going on just seemed annoying to me.

anyway--- feel free to rant on the one game you find most annoying.

Last year, Houston and UCF both winnable it was our year

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Check out the part about #2 teams in 2007. I don't recall California or Kansas reaching #2 that year....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I remember feeling really bummed over a lot of losses. None actually made me angry like McNeese St. That loss devastated me as a fan. So much so I think I stayed off the bullspen for a few years because of it. I just couldn't stomach the (justified) negativity.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

He's going to win us more games than he'll lose with that arm.

I am on the Blake train engineered by Terry

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

The 2007 Rutgers game definitely was the biggest impact, but the 2011 Rutgers (Mafia Bonani) and 4th and 24 Houston games had me livid.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Here’s one I haven’t seen. 2011 BE opener at Pitt, night game. We were 4-0, ranked, beating ND in our opener and blowing out UTEP, FAMU, Ball State and our offense looking better than ever under CSH. We go into Pitt and get destroyed. To me, that showed that CSH was officially garbage and we would never win our conference. That was a disappointing game because it meant more of the same for USF. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I hope we never have to put another game from this or any future seasons in this topic.

Go Bulls!