• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What one USF loss made/makes you the most upset?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Haunting: Rutgers

At the time: Ball-freaking-State... this is when I knew our program had been destroyed.

I know... choose 1, definitely the rutgers 2007...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Was going to go with Rutgers, but we still **** the bed in the following games. So even winning that one doesn't guarantee any real change in our trajectory. Has to be UCF last year. We win that game, we score our first division title. Also, that game becomes the single best game to rewatch because it was entertaining AND we win. Now I actively avoid it, even though it was insanely fun. Bonus: I never have to hear a single thing about a UCF national championship. 

I think you may have got a little off track with your choice in terms of the question. We are looking not for the game that impacted USF or some mythical trajectory of the program-- those these factors can contribute to  your feelings. But as a game, you said that last years UCF game was entertaining (it was)-- so you are basing the anger simply on the loss and their running the board. I could be wrong-- and it is your opinion which can never be wrong (it is yours).

I would never have put that UCF game in my list for one simple reason-- the game was well played by both sides-- no referees made any BS calls that we got really upset about (or the calls balanced out at least). Yeah-- we lost in very dramatic fashion but it was just regular football action that did us in and not some crazy wild call or whatever. Along the same lines-- some have mentioned the Sun Bowl loss to Oregon and while many only see that as a beat down-- they forget that we were hanging in there for most of the first half. Then we started getting injuries left and right-- to the point where are depth became a glaring problem. That is how I saw it being down on the field during that game. Hell - Jonathon Stewart was a beast that day-- he almost even ran my arse over on the sidelines (I back peddled like a CB to avoid him somehow).

Anyway-- sorry this thread is depressing some or annoying others. It was meant as a way to rant about that one game that just pisses you off even now. I mean-- I could talk to you about games like our loss to Ga Southern on the road when we were still 1-AA -- and the refs literally stole the game from us with BS call after BS call. It doesn't bother me as much as Rutgers-- but I still wish we could put them on the schedules to exact some revenge on our early home and away losses to them. In the same light-- the first loss to them happened when CJL went for 2 after a late touchdown to go for the win instead of tying the game. We failed-- but it was great to see a coach who went for it. Back then Ga Southern was a top ranked and often won the 1-AA championship-- and we were just a wet behind the ears "who?" even in the world of 1-AA. Weird how different those two games were.

20 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Haunting: Rutgers

At the time: Ball-freaking-State... this is when I knew our program had been destroyed.

I know... choose 1, definitely the rutgers 2007...

confused-- didn't the Ball State loss happen 5 years after 2007 Rutgers game? you mentioned "at the time"

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Rutgers 2007...have to...c last year was tough

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

07 Rutgers, this shouldn't even be a discussion. We played well, and ESPN and the Refs took the game from us. I am normally not an excuse kind of guy, but there were way too many obvious bad calls at too many important moments for it not to be rigged. If we do win, do we win out, maybe, maybe not; but let's be real, we win the conference and go to a New Years bowl. Our recruiting would have been on a whole new level. Most importantly, support and excitement for the team would not have suffered so bad; which would have only helped us in the expansion possibilities. There have been many losses that suck, but this was a crucial turning point in our young history. 

• Upvote 2

just to be clear- I am not saying you can't talk about whatever games you want-- I just want you to ultimately state the one that is #1

Like @CousinRicky counter question (best win) - there are some obvious answers for most of us. The ones close to those are also worth talking about and even debating if they are possibly more devastating/incredible

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Have you seen what happened when we win that game? 

Haha...I heard great things happend...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Rutgers 07

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Losing to Ohio in 2012 NCAAT might have been a bigger heart break than Rutgers 07. We should have made the Sweet 16 and gone on to face UNC.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

The fallout from Rutgers 07 prepared me for any loss we've had since, with the closest pain for me being McNeese.

So many painful plays on that day in NJ which others have lamented but another one sticks out... still can't believe Tiquan Underwood scores on that LONG touchdown, if I remember our LB (McKenzie?) completely whiffed on the play.