• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What one USF loss made/makes you the most upset?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, bowman1 said:

Rutgers '07 - not even close

So many frustrating things about that game

1) Illegal forward propulsion call

2) Greg Schiano

3) Offensive PI against Amari (I can not remember another OPI call against USF since)

4) Greg Schiano

5) Ray Rice torching the defense

6) Greg Schiano

7) Fake kicks (one for a TD and one for first down)

8  Greg Schiano

9) Walt Walker getting hurt (I think that this had more of an impact on the Following games than anything else)

10) Greg Schiano

I still think we lose to Cinci, but that game has to be the worst of the worst

Don’t forget the fake FG which we actually had covered but it was a 1 in million pass. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t forget the fake FG which we actually had covered but it was a 1 in million pass. 

The next thread should be most heart breaking plays in USF history - the two fake kicks in the Rutgers game are certainly up there (along with Voodo 5 and the 4th and 24)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

The next thread should be most heart breaking plays in USF history - the two fake kicks in the Rutgers game are certainly up there (along with Voodo 5 and the 4th and 24)

Ugh I was there for Voodo 5, I remember sitting in the stands with my mouth open for about five minutes. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Everyone always forgets Cincinnati 2009.

This is the game that immediately came to mind for me. I remember watching Pike go down and walk into the locker room at the tunnel I was sitting next to. I thought the game was over at that point.

Then Collaros made his debut. We had the Cincy offense on a 3rd and long and the dialed up a QB draw. Collaros ran through the giant hole opened by his line and sped down the field.

That play is burned into my memory and replays for me every time the unknown backup QB is subbed into a game.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Illegal forward propulsion. Made worse when the Bucs hired Schiano.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Got to be the Rutgers game.  But not that one.  The 31 - 0 beat down.  Leavitt's mother-in-law even left that game early. 

Nah, has to be the 2007 loss.  Was there for that one as well. The freakin' call. Unfreakinbelievable. Still.

I agree nothing was worse than the 2007 loss.  But yeah, that 31-0 beatdown was pretty bad, too. I think it was 2009.   I'll never forget that one.  I was at home watching.  The game was so out of hand that the the camera and commentators were more concerned with a fat kid in the crowd that lip-synced Bon Jovi.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  In hindsight, I also believe this game was sort of the beginning of the end for CJL.

This thread is freaking depressing, man.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I agree nothing was worse than the 2007 loss.  But yeah, that 31-0 beatdown was pretty bad, too. I think it was 2009.   I'll never forget that one.  I was at home watching.  The game was so out of hand that the the camera and commentators were more concerned with a fat kid in the crowd that lip-synced Bon Jovi.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  In hindsight, I also believe this game was sort of the beginning of the end for CJL.

This thread is freaking depressing, man.  

+1. I've said this before.  When million dollar donors are leaving after the 3rd quarter to wait in the bus to go back to the hotel (I believe in NYC) and pissing and moaning about it on the way out you knew things were coming to a head.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Talk about revisionist history...

Have you seen what happened when we win that game? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Was going to go with Rutgers, but we still **** the bed in the following games. So even winning that one doesn't guarantee any real change in our trajectory. Has to be UCF last year. We win that game, we score our first division title. Also, that game becomes the single best game to rewatch because it was entertaining AND we win. Now I actively avoid it, even though it was insanely fun. Bonus: I never have to hear a single thing about a UCF national championship. 

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Rutgers '07, I don't know how anything else could come close.