• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What one USF loss made/makes you the most upset?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Citadel 1997... Just kidding. Rutgers is like a horrible red stain on your favorite USF t-shirt. You still wear the shirt, but that stain is so freaking annoying. 🤨

Good god I actually remember that game. Second game ever and first road game ever...the offense disappoints...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers without question for me; I can still vividly recall when the USF Defensive TD was called back for the forward propulsion crap.  I thought I was going to get kicked out of the bar.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Rutgers 07.  It's probably a combination of being a few years older and having a family now, plus being in a better conference with more of a path to a National Championship, but wins and losses just seemed to matter more back then.  I would think a loss to UCF for a shot at a conference championship would mean more since there was a lot of football left to be played in 2007, but the Rutgers loss just stung so much worse after the great start we had and all of the excitement over the team.

agree 100%

wins & losses DID mean more. we were a BCS/Power Conference team. every win counted towards a shot at a title & most wins, esp. in-conference, were bigger because the stakes were higher & the competition far tougher. looking back at the pre-collapse BIG EAST, we played ACC, BIG10 & Big12 caliber opponents (Lville, Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers, WVU) nearly every week.

not to go off on a tangent, but that is the biggest aspect that chaps my ass about the big mouths on I4-- they never played that level of competition week in & week out. they came in & won during a transition year for the conference (the last year for an auto-bid) then won a much weaker AAC last year. it really seems like USF did the heavy lifting while C's rode our coat tails until the Big East collapsed & they just ate off what we were building for non-Big3 Florida football programs.

unlike the AAC, USF didn't just win a couple big games each season then squeak into a big bowl where we could go hard. we had huge OOC wins then had to look at the grueling conference schedule against perpetually ranked WVU, Lville, Rutgers teams & STILL have enough left in the tank for a bowl.

who did C beat last year? us? then they waltzed into their bowl. it's not comparable at all, but these are only the laments of a Bulls fan. no one else will notice or care... just sour grapes & spilled milk.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Got to be the Rutgers game.  But not that one.  The 31 - 0 beat down.  Leavitt's mother-in-law even left that game early. 

Nah, has to be the 2007 loss.  Was there for that one as well. The freakin' call. Unfreakinbelievable. Still.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet they could not beat Uconn which was appalling 

yep. definitely a mental aspect there.

that Rutgers game really stole our mojo.

no excuses, but it was what it was.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

I don't remember what year it was, but the home loss to Army was a bad one!  I remember being up by 21 or something, then the defense melted down and they came back and stunned us.  I remember yelling at the wife because she was wearing a BLACK sweater over her Bulls gear.  That one stung.

But yeah, the Rutgers game sucked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

56-62 Ohio 2012. We could have taken UNC in the sweet 16 and everybody knows it.

I see what you did there. AC!!!!!! :wub:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I recall a beatdown by Utah one year...

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  8

Rutgers '07 - not even close

So many frustrating things about that game

1) Illegal forward propulsion call

2) Greg Schiano

3) Offensive PI against Amari (I can not remember another OPI call against USF since)

4) Greg Schiano

5) Ray Rice torching the defense

6) Greg Schiano

7) Fake kicks (one for a TD and one for first down)

8  Greg Schiano

9) Walt Walker getting hurt (I think that this had more of an impact on the Following games than anything else)

10) Greg Schiano

I still think we lose to Cinci, but that game has to be the worst of the worst

• Haha 2