• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Elon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  1

I just came from the game and I’m pretty sloshed rn. We need to hurry up and get an on campus stadium so I can rip a shotgun at muma and run over to the stadium on campus. The drive to ray jay is far af and is pretty gay. Student section was ok, I finally made it to the game around halftime and we were just talkin **** the whole time lol. Decided to leave midway through the 3rd quarter and we kept tailgating lol. Next week we might just tailgate the whole game since we dgaf and we’re playing gt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhh they beat PSU today..

PSU 45, APP 38 (OT)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I was unable to see the game. I saw that they averaged 3.9 yards per carry....the exact same as we did. Opinions on our Offensive Line? Defense compared to last year?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Ok, slap me hard! I kept hearing so much about App State I thought they won and when I saw the score I went full dyslexia. :bang:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

24 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was unable to see the game. I saw that they averaged 3.9 yards per carry....the exact same as we did. Opinions on our Offensive Line? Defense compared to last year?

The offense is different than last season.  More passes... Barnett can flip that thing.  They kept everything pretty vanilla and I get the notion that Charlie Strong is actually pretty pleased with the game.  They gave up too many yards up the middle in the 3rd quarter but we were playing our base defense the entire game.  We kept it really vanilla and not a lot of blitzes.  I can see the offense is going to be really really good.  When Cronkrite is back I suspect the running game will be more dynamic.  Also, the subbed for Sands and Mack pretty early. They gave Ford a lot of touches.  I literally think he used the game as a tuneup and wanted to get some young guys on the field to play.   I also think he's used a lot of that game as an opportunity to evaluate some redshirts while he could.  Offensive line is fine... young... just gotta understand leverage on short yarded plays.  But we can score... St. Felix is a beast.  He just may be our first 1k WR.  Wilcox played really good too.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Yup. We needed nothing more than find 84. He was open all night and BB obviously can hit the guy anywhere on the field. Add in a few short passes and serviceable running, and thats all they really needed. Not that complicated. 

The defense pitched a shutout for 3 quarters but seemed underwhelming all night. Seems like we should have been getting pressure with our front 4, but really didn't. Not sure what to think about the personnel and execution, but I really hope that's not as good as it gets.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I really want App State to pull that out

51 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Yup. We needed nothing more than find 84. He was open all night and BB obviously can hit the guy anywhere on the field. Add in a few short passes and serviceable running, and thats all they really needed. Not that complicated. 

The defense pitched a shutout for 3 quarters but seemed underwhelming all night. Seems like we should have been getting pressure with our front 4, but really didn't. Not sure what to think about the personnel and execution, but I really hope that's not as good as it gets.

The thing I've been sitting here thinking about is Barnett has really only had seven days running alone with the ones... and what... 20 odd days running this offense?  He's going to get A LOT better as he develops continuity and communication with the skill guys.   I think this offense is going to be ridiculous.  Passing numbers will be video game.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

The thing I've been sitting here thinking about is Barnett has really only had seven days running alone with the ones... and what... 20 odd days running this offense?  He's going to get A LOT better as he develops continuity and communication with the skill guys.   I think this offense is going to be ridiculous.  Passing numbers will be video game.

Which is why him playing is more important than back ups getting work.  I still think he should have played at least 2 more series

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Which is why him playing is more important than back ups getting work.  I still think he should have played at least 2 more series

I don't think 2 more series was going to matter that much.  I'm good with pulling him when they did.  He'd just run for a TD and honestly they weren't going to beat us.  He saw what he needed to and got the other guys some work.  So while I can understand your point, I'm good will pulling him. 

• Upvote 1