• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

16 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Saquon Barkley returned kicks for Penn State last year

Perhaps that's why I'm not a coach.  IMO the risk is not worth the reward.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I think there will be a lot of touch backs this year with the new fair catch rule. I’d like to see Bell or Ford back there personally.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I think there will be a lot of touch backs this year with the new fair catch rule. I’d like to see Bell or Ford back there personally.

I wonder if some teams will squib kick or kick short to try and avoid a head start for the offense? Kick off Kilcrease Coker’s could become its own specialty away from FG kickers. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Im with you. I'd rather see somebody other than McCants return kicks/punts from a "play it safe" perspective. Now on a "pure enjoyment" perspective, I think he will kick a$$. Hopefully Antoine and Duran Bell gets most of the kicks/punts. I think they should also try Terrence Horne, JR. He is a receiver who also ran track and has speed for days. 

• Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I want out most dangerous returner back there regardless of his position on the depth chart at his primary spot.  JR Reed and Mike Jenkins are two of the greatest bulls of all time and both were big time contributors in the return game even though they were vital to their teams at their primary spots.  Just get the ball in your best playmakers hands and good things happen.  If anything I would say considering the way he plays McCants is probably way more at risk on offense than he is on special teams.   Also, when it comes to punt returns you never know how sure handed the guys are unless you are out there at practice.  It very well could be that McCants is just by far the best guy we have for ball security that still offers upside once the ball is secured.   

These are my thoughts as well. I think we can all agree, CCS is going to give the nod to the sure handed, consistent player over someone with a higher ceiling/lower floor. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

RE: McCants on returns....no one will want to tackle him at full speed!  I love thee call.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Gobulls90 said:

<depth chart>

Thanks! Wonder if Joey ever found it...;)

• Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

This seems very much like the mentality of an NFL coach who has plenty of depth. This is college, where not everybody is that good, so you need to get the ball in your best players hands as much as possible. May I also remind you that we have like 6 capable WRs in the unfortunate event that Tyre goes down. I was shocked that it was Mccants as much as anybody. I think the posters above got it right, he's going to for sure hold on to that ball, I only remember him having one fumble ever.

I'm excited to see him and Antoine return kicks, because Antoine clearly showed last year that he has ability, but from camp and the depth chart seems to be buried in the secondary right now