• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bold 2018 Season Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hmmm.....Boise does have OK State on the road this year, and they are beginning the season ranked. Who knows what the SOS will look like at the end of the season, but Boise has 4 opponents receiving votes from the AP in the pre-season poll (Troy, OK State, Fresno, & SDSU), so the gap in SOS might not be that gigantic, and they have a head start.  Hope you're right, but if we both run the table, I don't think it's a guarantee that we pass them in the rankings. I guess we should probably worry about Elon first though....

I get what you're saying, especially the last sentence.  I wasn't focusing on preseason rankings as they rarely tell the story, last year being the perfect example.  When it comes to bowl season, it is more likely that teams like Houston, Memphis, Temple (and the Fl schools) will be getting more AP/Coaches votes than Fresno and SDSU.  OK State might be good, or they might be OK State.  If Boise runs the table they should be in the conversation for sure, but the parity in their league just isn't there.  Fresno, SDSU, etc get their fair share of press due to the comparative markets they serve, but don't contribute to any real depth in the conference year to year imo.  I like Troy, but that is like saying Tulane should be a nod on your SOS because they could be the 'sneaky' team in FBS this season.  It's meaningless until later, like you said. 

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Based on our win over the defending national champs .... Boise can't touch that.

You're being facetious but a win over UCF this year, especially if they're undefeated at the time, would be bigger than anything Boise can claim.  

Edited by ECUshoein

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Based on our win over the defending national champs .... Boise can't touch that.

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

How quickly I forget, I mean they got rings and everything.

And a banner .... and baseball caps/tshirts .... and office chairs.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

You're being facetious but a win over UCF this year, especially if they're undefeated at the time, would be bigger than anything Boise can claim.  

What a freaking joke Boise State is then.

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

5 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

Yeah, you got me being facetious... Boise could have several games that could touch our win over UCF. A BSU win over Oklahoma State could conceivably be bigger than us beating UCF. Heck, a BSU win over Fresno State or San Diego State could conceivably be bigger depending how all the schedules played out.

6 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

What a freaking joke Boise State is then.

They're not. The potential is there for BSU to have multiple "bigger" wins than a win over the Kanigits could be for us.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They're not. The potential is there for BSU to have multiple "bigger" wins than a win over the Kanigits could be for us.

My remark was based on the thought that UCF was some world staggering win.  I was misinformed.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And a banner .... and baseball caps/tshirts .... and office chairs.

Sounds pretty legit.

The power of propaganda...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

In the extremely unlikely situation that there are two undefeated teams we can parse that.

How about a third undefeated team (FAU)? They are ahead of us in the preseason poll, and have Oklahoma(#7) & UCF(#21) on the road. Highly unlikely they beat Oklahoma, but that could be a tricky game, especially being in week 1. FAU looked awfully good in their last 6 or 7 games last year, and finished just outside the Top 25. If they get by Oklahoma somehow, which I doubt, but if it happens, they could  be a team to watch.

Edited by USFBulls727