• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,068
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, RedBull13 said:

I like Taggart. I really do, but this feels like an unnecessary jab at a place that was a major factor (if not THE major factor) that got you to where you are today...

Article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17717562/florida-college-football-history-coaches-explain

Thoughts? And if this has already been posted somewhere feel free to delete and provide the original post.

DlOsZ1pXoAAbGAN.jpg:large

Just like when Q threw a TD pass to Rodney Adams on the very first play from scrimmage vs. FSU at Ray Jay and he didn't know what to do with it or where to go. They had no plan.  🙂 Raymond Woodie? How about finding Dalvin Cook, huh?

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Just like when Q threw a TD pass to Rodney Adams on the very first play from scrimmage vs. FSU at Ray Jay and he didn't know what to do with it or where to go. They had no plan.  🙂

McFadden never had  a plan on go routs. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

I think y'all are being a bit harsh on xCWT.

After all, he came to South Florida to win a national championship. Said so himself. Remember that? 

""I always said I wouldn't leave WKU unless I had a chance to go and win a national championship, and I truly believe that can be done here," Taggart said Saturday after signing a five-year, $5.75 million contract to replace Skip Holtz, who was fired after the worst season in USF's 16-year history."

Taggart & USF nat'l championship

So I wouldn't be too harsh on him. . . it's coachspeak. Not to be taken literally. Right? :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Funny how many people badmouth the guy who brought us back to respectability.

it wasn't anything more then to point out how ridiculous fan expectations are anywhere you go.

BTW we finished ranked for the first time in our history under Taggart and for those who say he couldn't have done it without flowers or mack etc. no kidding no coach can win without talented players. and guess who recruited them and put them in a position to succeed?

Only after Q was thinking about transferring and the players approached Taggart about turning them loose.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Only after Q was thinking about transferring and the players approached Taggart about turning them loose.

can you point out to me where this is coming from? sure maybe they had a heart to heart with Taggart after he redesigned the offense to trust them to run it but I have never heard about Flowers transferring.

Fact is Taggart is the one responsible for turning around our program. I will forever be grateful for that and i hope he tears it up at FSU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

The truth has become "negative" in our society.  A lie, or in it's fancy verbiage "political correctness" is coveted.  

Go Bulls!

Sorry "its"

This.

It's funny seeing the same people that are quick to crap all over Woolard and Judy and how they mismanaged the program during the same period get upset about this comment.  Lot's of people who want to eat their cake and have it too. We squandered all of the momentum we had during that run. Zero lies detected in that statement.  I bet if you had a candid "off the record"  conversation with Michael Kelly he would agree....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

can you point out to me where this is coming from? sure maybe they had a heart to heart with Taggart after he redesigned the offense to trust them to run it but I have never heard about Flowers transferring.

Fact is Taggart is the one responsible for turning around our program. I will forever be grateful for that and i hope he tears it up at FSU.

It's straight from CWT's mouth.  After Q's freshman year he was seriously considering transferring.  CWT was playing some off season golf and had to talk Q off the ledge.  I dunno how that's a negative seeing as he talked him into staying and he coached him to being the best QB in program history.  Then again i don't think it makes sense when people bring up the players that CWT recruited and beat out P5 programs for as some kind of negative.  Getting players that make you look good is a coaches job......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

I effing HATE this comment. Not just you, so many people have this feeling... we were in our 10th year overall and 3rd year in a major conference. People act like Leavitt should have been recruiting at a top-10 level based on all of our history and prestige and he somehow failed at that.

As for CWT, it's going to be fun to watch him fail. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone more completely out-coached than he was in that last game against FSU. He'll have a better staff, but, facing stiffer competition. When he continually gets out coached by Mark Richt, the fans will turn on him. 

By the way, I don't think CWTs jab was at USF, it was at the fans with the mentality that No. 2 was easy and that Leavitt failed by not being able to keep us there... it was a jab at the turmoil that comes with being a top-dog and not being able to handle it... it was a jab at "boosters" who used the word plateau because they don't have any perspective on what was actually being accomplished and no understanding that it was miraculous and not something we were just entitled to. With great accomplishments come great (and back then unrealistic) expectations. I don't think Willie was saying that anyone screwed the pooch in 2007, it's what happened after to the program... it's like Tommy Boy with that sale... he loves his sale, he's going to cuddle with it, but, it's a naughty sale,  then... he kills it!

Tell me how you really feel?  I don't dislike Leavitt in fact I believe the stadium should be named after him. (insert company name) Stadium at Leavitt Field with a statue of Jim right in front. However I also recognize Jims limitations and not adapting to teams. He regularly got outcoached by Schiano, Cincinnati coaches, and Randy Edsall. I don't really know who Taggart was directing his comments at but I have my own views on the matter as do you. I think everything you said is justified.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest PCBull14
11 hours ago, RedBull13 said:

I like Taggart. I really do, but this feels like an unnecessary jab at a place that was a major factor (if not THE major factor) that got you to where you are today...

Article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17717562/florida-college-football-history-coaches-explain

Thoughts? And if this has already been posted somewhere feel free to delete and provide the original post.

DlOsZ1pXoAAbGAN.jpg:large

Truth is Truth 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart still balling