• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CFN Preview vs. Elon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just looked at their last ten years and they sucked more than I thought. For some reason I thought they made the playoffs last year and that is not the case. They have been terrible the last ten years with no defense.  But my point holds. It is typically easier to schedule poor 1aa teams based on historical records as there are more teams and consistency for those in the playoffs. Indeed, many of the school names that make it we have probably heard of before. We need to stay away from scheduling those guys. But you are correct scheduling Elon seems like a good idea as they don’t look great. Personally, I wish we could drop these games all together and just play D1a schools....too much risk. 

Stony Brook   -  5 winning seasons in the last 11 years - ONE in the last 5 years.

2007 (6–5)   2008 (5–6)  2009 (6–5 )   2010 (6–5)   2011 (9–4)    2012 (10–3)    
2013(5–6 )   2014 (5–7)    2015 (5–5)    2016 (5–6)    2017  (10–3)    

In their defense they did change conferences in 2013.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Stony Brook   -  5 winning seasons in the last 11 years - ONE in the last 5 years.

2007 (6–5)   2008 (5–6)  2009 (6–5 )   2010 (6–5)   2011 (9–4)    2012 (10–3)    
2013(5–6 )   2014 (5–7)    2015 (5–5)    2016 (5–6)    2017  (10–3)    

In their defense they did change conferences in 2013.

Here are the teams to stay away from based on playoff success over the past ten years: Colgate, Delaware, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Furman, Eastern Washington, Jackson State, Illinois State, James Madison, Lehigh, Mcneese State (Lol), Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Richmond, Sam Houston, South Dakota, Southern Illinois,  Stephen F. Austin, Villanova, Western Illinois, William & Mary, and Youngstown State.

Yes, we may win 95% of the time, but why take the chance? 

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Here are the teams to stay away from based on playoff success over the past ten years: Colgate, Delaware, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Furman, Eastern Washington, Jackson State, Illinois State, James Madison, Lehigh, Mcneese State (Lol), Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Richmond, Sam Houston, South Dakota, Southern Illinois,  Stephen F. Austin, Villanova, Western Illinois, William & Mary, and Youngstown State.

Yes, we may win 95% of the time, but why take the chance? 

I will NEVER EVER agree with that mentality. Anybody who does has no right to whine about our conference or our opponents. 2¢

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I will NEVER EVER agree with that mentality. Anybody who does has no right to whine about our conference or our opponents. 2¢

So your telling me you would rather our program play and potentially lose to a team not in our division of sports than lose to one that is? These 1aa games are a complete waste. There is no upside. Play a crappy team from the sun belt first. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We get no bump for beating an FCS team, even a good one, and get a huge demerit if we lose - good or bad.

Same argument P5 teams use for scheduling G5 teams.

IF we're going to play an FCS (and we shouldn't), then e should keep BCC and FAMU on rotation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

How do we know several years in advance how they will be playing?

What the **** kind of logical questioning is that??

3 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

This if funny. If we're still worried about which FCS teams we're going to play....then we got bigger problems.

It’s USF we always got bigger problems...

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So your telling me you would rather our program play and potentially lose to a team not in our division of sports than lose to one that is? These 1aa games are a complete waste. There is no upside. Play a crappy team from the sun belt first. 

IF we're afraid of losing, stop whining. Pretty simple. At no point did I mention what I would rather have.

Losing to a crappy team from the Sun Belt will have the same results.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

What the **** kind of logical questioning is that??

Fairly simple one in my opinion.

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

We get no bump for beating an FCS team, even a good one, and get a huge demerit if we lose - good or bad.

Same argument P5 teams use for scheduling G5 teams.

IF we're going to play an FCS (and we shouldn't), then e should keep BCC and FAMU on rotation.

I have a Keiser University ad in the middle of you post.