• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong's Future at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Hell yeah last year is going to matter.  They went 13-0 and finished by beating a P5 team in a NY6 bowl game that some thought should have been in the playoff.  They follow that up with another 13-0 including two more P5 wins, then people are going to notice and expect there will be pressure on the committee to act.  If the committee ignores it again, then there will be an uproar that goes beyond mickey mouse land.  If enough meaningful people are included in that uproar then the powers that be are going to care.   They don't need to G5 teams to go anywhere, they are already **** out of luck because of the stupid system.

I don't care because 1) it's ucf so f*** 'em and 2) that very well may propel the expansion of the playoffs to give ALL D1 teams a reasonably legit chance at a D1 title run just like they have in every other sport or just split D1 in half.  It's ridiculous to have a team that is D1 go 13-0 and win their conference and have no shot at a championship in D1, but under the current system it's reality. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm just going to slide this little dose of reality in riiiiight here: UCF isn't going undefeated this year. So cancel the parade and all this chatter. The system sucks for sure but, lets focus on South Florida Football for a change, Mmkay! :guinness:

Now, lets get back to the OP's topic and talk about CCS' future at the University of South Florida. :thumbsup:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

This,

UCF could go 40-0 and still get left out. The committee gives zero ***** about how upset anyone would be when they leave any G5 team out for a P5 opponent. What are they going to lose? The G5 teams leaving D1A....... That's what they want. If a G5 team gets the OOC schedule they need to make a case, they would still need a year where the P5 cannibalized itself.  

I'm not upset about it either, it is what it is. I accepted that the day they made the distinction. 

💯 agree. We all need to accept the fact that all the playoff cares about is money. The AAC from a competitive stand point is a better conference than the Big 12 and maybe the PAC 12, but we don't draw the fans or money like they do. We are in this boat and all we can do is win our conference and beat P5 teams as much as possible. As a G5 school, we will always be a stepping stone for good coaches; shoot, to be honest, there are only 4 or 5 schools that would be considered "Dream job" schools where a top coach wouldn't leave for. I personally love our school, we do things the right way, we are responsible, respectful and care about academics. I will take this 10/10 times, compared to the atrocity that is the school to the east; they win but they are a disgusting program and school who is so dilusional that they think the P5 and CFP should care about them. Let's be happy for what we are, control what we can and the the corrupt NCAA do what they do. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm just going to slide this little dose of reality in riiiiight here: UCF isn't going undefeated this year.

This is true, but the point is relevant to USF, but not CCS future so I'm with ya