• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong's Future at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

What's he supposed so say "Yeah guys, i just need to win 10 this season and I'm jumping on the first P5 life raft I get.  ADIOS G5 PERGATORY!!!!!"   If we have a good season we'll see what his tune is when some mid-level SEC or ACC team comes knocking.   I hope everything he says in that interview is the truth but my realistic side just sees it as coach speak.  

"I am honored to be here and focused on the job we have to do to get ready for Elon. I do not and will not ever discuss hypotheticals."

That is the canned coach speak. He went well beyond that - no if that means anything at all or not is anyone's guess, but he certainly didn't have to say what he said.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

What's he supposed so say "Yeah guys, i just need to win 10 this season and I'm jumping on the first P5 life raft I get.  ADIOS G5 PERGATORY!!!!!"   If we have a good season we'll see what his tune is when some mid-level SEC or ACC team comes knocking.   I hope everything he says in that interview is the truth but my realistic side just sees it as coach speak.  

“I’m here to build this program and win a conference championship, not to worry about the talk that goes on outside”

There a plenty of ways wording it without blatantly saying “I’m not here to run out...people think I’m going to run out.” I think he stated it more explicitly than anyone I can remember for us. It also sounds more like a statement than an answer to a question, which is an even better sign. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

South Florida invested in him, maybe he's a class act that wishes to reciprocate.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

South Florida invested in him, maybe he's a class act that wishes to reciprocate.

Who?

South Florida

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

South Florida

Great place to vacation. Hope to retire there someday. 

• Haha 1

Must be the new generation.

image.png

Must be the new generation.

image.png

Oh USF. Got it. Always thought they were known as University of Southern Florida. Never made sense to me because they’re not the school furthest in the south. They must be crazy or something. 

Yeah that's sort of the backwards ass, redneck thought process we're up against.  Kind of funny because Southern California also is not the southenmost school in CA.  But them folks out there must be dern smarter than those in the Sunshine State.

Yeah that's sort of the backwards ass, redneck thought process we're up against.  Kind of funny because Southern California also is not the southenmost school in CA.  But them folks out there must be dern smarter than those in the Sunshine State.

People don’t seem to understand that we were the southernmost university in the state system during inauguration. It made 100% sense when we were established. It was never an issue until we became more relevant. People find anything to gripe about. 

• Upvote 1