• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB battle narrowed to two??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

I feel good about knowing who will be #1 come 2019 :) 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I had tacos last night. #2 will definitely emerge.

Who does #2 work for?

https://tenor.com/oVZJ.gif

Edited by ToroDeFuego

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I had tacos last night. #2 will definitely emerge.

If it was Taco Bell.... it’s called a 1.5 because it sounds like a bit of both

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

Whether or not it's announced, I really hope the coaching staff can pick a QB1 after this scrimmage. We're 10 days away from the regular season. Even though our first opponent shouldn't be a very tough game (on paper at least) it's still important for our quarterback to build chemistry with the o-line and receivers he'll be working with. If we're splitting first team reps three ways than our starter will have a third less practice reps than that of  a regular starting QB. Chemistry is big with a quarterback. Plus I also believe that the team should know who's going to be leading them.... I'm all for competition but they had plenty of time to compete for the spot. They had all camp and CO and BK had all spring as well. Time to pick a guy.

And I don't think hiding the starter from Georgia Tech is all that important. There is very little game film on Barnett and Kean and none on Oladokun. What are they gonna do? Look up their high school highlights to prepare for them? I'm sure all three will play vs Elon regardless of who starts, so that will be the only real film GT sees on them. So I don't see a problem with us announcing who wins the job.

We'll see. The season is just 10 days away I'm ready to go!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

28 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Whether or not it's announced, I really hope the coaching staff can pick a QB1 after this scrimmage. We're 10 days away from the regular season. Even though our first opponent shouldn't be a very tough game (on paper at least) it's still important for our quarterback to build chemistry with the o-line and receivers he'll be working with. If we're splitting first team reps three ways than our starter will have a third less practice reps than that of  a regular starting QB. Chemistry is big with a quarterback. Plus I also believe that the team should know who's going to be leading them.... I'm all for competition but they had plenty of time to compete for the spot. They had all camp and CO and BK had all spring as well. Time to pick a guy.

And I don't think hiding the starter from Georgia Tech is all that important. There is very little game film on Barnett and Kean and none on Oladokun. What are they gonna do? Look up their high school highlights to prepare for them? I'm sure all three will play vs Elon regardless of who starts, so that will be the only real film GT sees on them. So I don't see a problem with us announcing who wins the job.

We'll see. The season is just 10 days away I'm ready to go!

plus honestly winning the GT game would be nice, but it is meaningless. The games we need to worry about are our conference games. It is way past time for us to bring a trophy to Fowler Ave.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We need a true starter for Elon because we don't have a QB on the roster who's played all (or even most) of a football game in 3 years. Whoever gets the job needs to get some experience and throws in a live game where it counts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t see any upside to naming someone during the last week of practice when they’ll only have 2 or 3 meaningful practices to get all of first team reps. Knowing who the guy is going to be establishes more confidence. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

56 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

plus honestly winning the GT game would be nice, but it is meaningless. The games we need to worry about are our conference games. It is way past time for us to bring a trophy to Fowler Ave.

The GT game shouldn't be "meaningless"