• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB battle narrowed to two??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're getting me a little more excited about the season than I usually am because I normally temper expectations .... I swear, if you're wrong, I will hunt you down out there ..... or have char do it.

Don't look at me, I'm a coward. Have you seen how ripped Cali is ??? LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Gutless.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

I'm just sitting here like... not me.  The one thing I have always liked about this board is you guys have always called me on my macho ********.  That alone to me made this place worth it.  That and the fact you f***kers always make fun of me.  But it's cool because it's a family thing. 

:iconic_u_black:

And I'm probably the exact opposite of what people think I am.  I've actually met some people from the board in San Jose last season. ' I got drunk in the hot sun and it was fine... yeah it was... because we was winning.' (Matthew McConaughey voice)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I'll just throw this out there: Everyone wants to know who will be #1 but what happens mentally to the guy who ends up #3? Especially as the season moves on and the other guys solidify their positions.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

35 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I'll just throw this out there: Everyone wants to know who will be #1 but what happens mentally to the guy who ends up #3? Especially as the season moves on and the other guys solidify their positions.

Ask Blake Barnett.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Yeah this has to be a concern because all 3 only have a short time. Maybe Chris O. would benefit the most from going somewhere else as he has three years.  If Blake Wins it means Brett gets no years as a starter and Chris O would only have one year as a starter maybe when Blake leaves because even Chris O will have competition from Battle and who knows else we sign by then. We could end up with Trina as our backup this year.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,516
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Chris. O has an extra year over BK and BB. After they graduate, he will have the team to himself. So if he is #3 he can patiently wait for his time.  Now if BK doesnt get the starting job, he may transfer out to a MAC or C-USA team in 2019 ( They recruited him the most). I think B.B stays regardless of if he wins the job or not. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Chris. O has an extra year over BK and BB. After they graduate, he will have the team to himself. So if he is #3 he can patiently wait for his time.  Now if BK doesnt get the starting job, he may transfer out to a MAC or C-USA team in 2019 ( They recruited him the most). I think B.B stays regardless of if he wins the job or not. 

Except this is exactly what Kean thought 2 years ago looking at when QF graduated... things change quickly. I was thinking about this last night... we'll know we're big time when quality guys are looking to transfer out because they can't get on the field rather than looking to transfer in because they couldn't get on the field elsewhere. I'd love to take care of our own, but, if we want to succeed, we have to put the best guys on the field and let the others go if that's what's in their best interest.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

If Co or BK is number three, they will transfer. That's the nature of CFB these days. Hopefully they will have completed their degree so they could play right away. BB may stay because why leave a third school.

Sorry @Orlando Bull, i didn't mean to quote you.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The next scrimmage will be an opportunity for one of the 3 to separate themselves and take a hold of the QB1 slot.  I think if 1 of the 3 clearly out performs the others they will be our starter against Elon.   What you want out of your QB is a guy that steps up in big moments and this next scrimmage is a big one for the QB room. Let's see if one of them will seize the moment....