• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB battle narrowed to two??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The fact that Blake Barnett was able to even catch up, and by the coaches account get even with two incumbent QBs that had all spring to lock down the position to me says a lot.  All things being even Blake Barnett can do what Kean and O can do and more.  He's more durable and has has a great arm.  I'm not drawing anything from a int during a small portion of practice the press got to see.  I notice that BB is starting to spend a lot more times in 1s V 1s and to be honest, he's better than the other two guys.  I originally thought Kean would win the job, now I think Barnett will win it.  This kinda feels like the Bridgwater thing at Ville except this guy is a grown man and grad transfer... but I think it ends the same.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

17 minutes ago, Calibull said:

The fact that Blake Barnett was able to even catch up, and by the coaches account get even with two incumbent QBs that had all spring to lock down the position to me says a lot.  All things being even Blake Barnett can do what Kean and O can do and more.  He's more durable and has has a great arm.  I'm not drawing anything from a int during a small portion of practice the press got to see.  I notice that BB is starting to spend a lot more times in 1s V 1s and to be honest, he's better than the other two guys.  I originally thought Kean would win the job, now I think Barnett will win it.  This kinda feels like the Bridgwater thing at Ville except this guy is a grown man and grad transfer... but I think it ends the same.

We know that how?

Isn't he a junior?

I know that stuff has become legal out there and maybe I'm the one confused, but..........

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

We know that how?

Isn't he a junior?

I know that stuff has become legal out there and maybe I'm the one confused, but..........

He is a Jr on the field but he got his degree, which is why he can play right away. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

If anyone wants to see more film on B.B., checkout the 2016 Alabama Spring Game on YouTube. Quite a few reps on there with the TV angle 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

52 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't think for a second it is going to be the deal breaker for who wins the starting job. But, as someone who teaches college classes and was a college athlete, it is a red flag. Passing all your classes is not incredibly difficult. I highly doubt he's a rocket science major, so he pretty much blew off a class and got burned. That's not a desired quality in the guy you're trusting to lead an offense. There's a reason insurance companies give a discount to kids who get decent grades. Kids who can't make passing grades in high school and college usually make dumb decision elsewhere. We can debate all night how relevant an education is to the rest of your life, but there is a corollary there.

Unless there's some info we're all not privy to, it seems you're kind of making a mountain of a molehill, at this point anyway,  considering we don't know exactly what happened or what kind of a student BK is overall.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We know that how?

Isn't he a junior?

LOL... I'm not sure if you're serious.

He came as a grad transfer with two years remaining... he's 22 years old and married with a newborn kid.  He's a grown man.... I don't even see why I'm having to explain this to you.  It's as if you don't actually know anything at all about him.  He's also more durable... I mean don't be silly... the coaches hinted to his size and durability.   

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless there's some info we're all not privy to, it seems you're kind of making a mountain of a molehill, at this point anyway,  considering we don't know exactly what happened or what kind of a student BK is overall.

Well, I can tell you he’s not a very good one. I can’t even remember the last player we had who was academically ineligible for a game or had to appeal his way back into playing. So that puts him pretty squarely in the bottom portion.

Edited by JTrue

Coach sting on WDAE this morning was pretty dismissive of seeing all three in the first week. Also mentioned that all have a different skill set but then said that BB is big with a strong arm, BK has a strong arm and CO can move with his arm and feet. Take what you will from that. He stated that they wanted to make a decision soon. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

LOL... I'm not sure if you're serious.

He came as a grad transfer with two years remaining... he's 22 years old and married with a newborn kid.  He's a grown man.... I don't even see why I'm having to explain this to you.  It's as if you don't actually know anything at all about him.  He's also more durable... I mean don't be silly... the coaches hinted to his size and durability.   

Didn't know he was married. Just saw that he was a junior.  And still don't how durable he is. Not like he's played 2 full years and took a pounding.  Don't keep track of player details as much as I used to.  Not enough room in the brain to store that stuff at my age.  Used to try to memorize the roster.  Now, announcer guy tells me who makes a tackle and who caught a pass.  

55 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Coach sting on WDAE this morning was pretty dismissive of seeing all three in the first week. Also mentioned that all have a different skill set but then said that BB is big with a strong arm, BK has a strong arm and CO can move with his arm and feet. Take what you will from that. He stated that they wanted to make a decision soon. 

Can't post right on my phone this early. Should be coach Strong

Edited by BrassBulls12