• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone.... (Off Topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

What I read is, I don't have a rebuttal. Which is fine.

What am supposed to say the same thing over and over again. i can't fix what you don't understand

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

What am supposed to say the same thing over and over again. i can't fix what you don't understand

Stating that "I can't fix what you don't understand" is a lazy way of saying, I don't have the intellectual capacity to refute your points, so to save face, I am going to red herring my way out of it. Again, that's fine.

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Stating that "I can't fix what you don't understand" is a lazy way of saying, I don't have the intellectual capacity to refute your points, so to save face, I am going to red herring my way out of it. Again, that's fine.

Cool story bro

• Haha 1

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-scott-frost-huskers-ucf-national-championship-20180504-story.html 

“I completely get behind their argument,” Frost told USA Today. “I do think it was almost criminal how low they kept UCF in the rankings, and I think it was intentional. But at the end of the day, the playoff system is that the national champion is the team that wins the playoff.

“All I’ll say is if we had stayed there, I would have had a hard time getting behind it,” Frost added. “I think it was smart by them because it has kept UCF in the media and in the conversation. But you know, like our rings, I kind of wish my ring just said ‘Undefeated Season’ and ‘Peach Bowl Champion.’ ”

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/concept-of-footballs-national-championship-continues-to-allude-ucf

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ucf-fans-angry-with-ex-oc-for-not-buying-into-knights-national-champion-claim/

Clearly the UCF coaches know the truth. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Mission9 said:

The system is so flawed that I am certain if UCF and USF played all out of conference road games at quality P5 programs and rolled them, then met undefeated and played an epic game, then won the AAC, that  the winner would not sniff the playoffs. 

Disagree with that, only in that the winner would sniff the playoffs, but still not make it. As pathetic as the Kanigit's ooc sched was they were at #12. You have quality P5, rolled wins by both teams, as well as undefeated in conference with at least one win over a high quality G5, they'd definitely be in the top 10, maybe mid area, but not a top 4 .............. unless there was a ton of perfect storm situations in the P5 that may push them to 4.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-scott-frost-huskers-ucf-national-championship-20180504-story.html 

“I completely get behind their argument,” Frost told USA Today. “I do think it was almost criminal how low they kept UCF in the rankings, and I think it was intentional. But at the end of the day, the playoff system is that the national champion is the team that wins the playoff.

“All I’ll say is if we had stayed there, I would have had a hard time getting behind it,” Frost added. “I think it was smart by them because it has kept UCF in the media and in the conversation. But you know, like our rings, I kind of wish my ring just said ‘Undefeated Season’ and ‘Peach Bowl Champion.’ ”

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/concept-of-footballs-national-championship-continues-to-allude-ucf

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ucf-fans-angry-with-ex-oc-for-not-buying-into-knights-national-champion-claim/

Clearly the UCF coaches know the truth. 

Notice anywhere in those quotes Alabama would have won if UCF got into the College Playoff Invitational? No? I don't either. That being said, of course he's going to advocate that you need to win the CFP to be considered a national champion. Why would he not? He's at Nebraska and doesn't want to upset the applecart now that he has a clear shot to getting there.

The idea that you have to win the CFP to be a national champion only makes sense if every D1 team legitimately has a path to get there. That's obviously is not the case. Besides, let's not pretend that a host of other teams haven't made a similar proclamation that they are National Champs, all the while accomplishing far less. Yet, because of this divide created by ESPN - now all the sudden, that can't be done anymore. How convenient.

Edited by Meeps

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Our fans in general hated this conference from the beginning. It really is a conference thing not aimed at any individual program. I will attempt to sum it up.

-- When rumors of a 4 conference (64 to 68 teams) top division football were going around, many thought for certain we would get in and even tried to see where we would fit in.  Even gently suggesting that a no name brand USF would be left out could have gotten you branded as a blasphemer.

--Once the fate of the Big East was sealed, some of us knew what was going on with the American Conference additions.  The fact that some were ones which had once been in a big conference (Houston, SMU, Tulane) big time in general (Navy) or had once been considered for a big time Eastern Football conference before the Big East started football (East Carolina) did not matter to many.  In fact, even stating that they really attracted the best not in the P5 (or Mountain West) was quickly ridiculed with the tallest midget argument. Even so, complaining about it will not change the fact that we were systematically left out. 

--In a lighthearted moment, trying to point out the fact that we finally will have a balanced home and road conference schedule got me roasted as there cannot possibly be anything good out of being stuck in the American. 

I think if the American could have found a way to keep a seat (even a tenuous one) at the proverbial "Big Boy Table", there would have been a lot less complaining. 

-

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

9 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

All I need is my eyes to know which was the better team and an understanding that the score doesnt always project that. Auburn beat Alabama, so are you saying the UCF  was the best team in the nation last season? If so, don't bother responding because I do't think you quite understand this game. 

I never said UCF was the best team last season.  I said they were better than Auburn.  Anyone that watched the game and didn't have an axe to grind would probably agree.  They controlled it start to finish.  Their success last season, regardless of whether a Bulls fan likes to admit it or not, is good for everyone in the AAC.  USF included.  

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  480

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

Keep trying with your straw man arguments. Nowhere did I say "they didn't really want it". What I'm saying is that if you think Auburn went into that game with the same mental edge they would have in a playoff or did in either game they played against the two playoff teams, you're kidding yourself just like UCF guy ... UCF had a great year, but that's all it was was a great year. Hopefully we'll have one like that at some point ... maybe ECU will ....it's the national championship nonsensical justification that has them showing the exact opposite type class than the Auburn players and coaches did after the loss. 

'You' may not have, but it doesn't take much reading comprehension to see that is the general crux of many USF-fan arguments here.  Awareness....

• Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If you think Auburn went into the game with anything near the same intensity as ucf or what they would have had in a playoff game, then you are delusional.  As I have said before, ucf is a .500 team in the SEC