• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone.... (Off Topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Even though I pulled direct quotes from the Auburn team, you clearly know their motivation and intentions better than they do.

lol what are they supposed to say? Honestly? 

Go home to your board I know its awful but go home and stop making yourself look silly. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

No, you're right Brass - pardon me. Even though I pulled direct quotes from the Auburn team, you clearly know their motivation and intentions better than they do.

Geez, you are freaking naive. What else are they going to say? Look, you had a good team last year and a great season but saying that any bowl game outside of playoff games have the same mentality in both lockerrooms as a regular season game, where every win counts, is a joke.

Not to mention that they were one game away from being in the playoff. Auburn wasn't a team who had been out of the conversation for a couple weeks. They had a massive let down before going to the peach bowl. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Are you really this naive to think that success on the football field plays any significant role in conf realignment?

Naive? No, but winning leads to increased attendance and TV ratings. It leads to increased revenue through season tickets, and merchandise - which every G5 program needs. It also increases brand perception nationally which will become instrumental when conference realignment happens in ~2023 and if you think winning the AAC and NY6 is meaningless and has no bearing on who gets a seat when the chairs begin to move then that brings me great joy. In fact, you guys think the AAC is bad now? Wait till the best teams get poached and you really are left in a CUSA level conference. Even if it is the AAC 2.0 and UCF goes to the B12 with a watered down product with Texas/OU leaving, its still far better than being stuck with Tulsa/Tulane.

Regarding Auburn, no one on this board has any idea what the players or coaches really thought. I provided actual statements from the horses mouth, and you in turn argue against them with nothing other than your opinion. Congrats. You just lost.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, Meeps said:

Honest question, does saying "gnat" or any other derivative of Knight in a derogatory manner make you feel better? You know who else comes up with juvenile nicknames? My kids. But please, continue on as an adult acting like a child.

Don't get your panties in a wad.  You should take it as a complement.  FSU fans call the Gators names and vice versa.  UCF fans call us cows.  If you get offended that easily, maybe you shouldn't hang out on another school's board.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, Meeps said:

the "glory days"

I think many refer to the “glory days” as those comprised of:

1) playing good teams (not UCF and equivalents)

2) the “pre-Leavitt firing” days when a very young program ran circles around the longer established UCF but also many good and some very good teams.  The fact that we plummeted in the post Leavitt era (2010+) doesn’t make you or the other AAC teams any better.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Meeps said:

Brad,

You mentioned that I have a revisionist history, care to expound on what exactly you are referring to? I'd love to hear it.

Some of its been covered, such as W/L.  I might have more time tonight. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

That chart also is quite telling as far as the original discussion, attendance.  The first two games in Tampa had a lot more people attending than the last two against the same team. 

In Tampa atleast.  2007 was quite a year.  

10 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

If you read his post, he says those four wins in a row don't count.

Of course they count.  I think his rationale was that they were in a lesser conference at the time while the Bulls were rocking the recruiting at a higher level; less meaningful instead of 'not counting' in his eyes.

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Keep trying. If you think that the Auburn players went into that game with the same mindset as the UCF players, you're a fool ... They had beaten both teams playing for the natty but were relegated to playing the tallest midget ...

They were better than Auburn, plain and simple.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

They were better than Auburn, plain and simple.  

No. its not plain nor simple nor true