• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone.... (Off Topic)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

41 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I do not think that I am out of line to say that if the situations were completely reversed, a USF fan with that opinion would be ridiculed on here by the rest of us. 

Which opinion are you talking about?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They count as much as a meaningless bowl win, against a team who really didn't want to be there ...

A team that didn't want to be there? Tell that to Adrian Killins...

I am sure Auburn would rather have played in the college playoff invitational, there was PLENTY of smack talk prior to the game and to think for a second they didn't want to win that game is absolutely ridiculous. There own players admitted that was not the case. You don't DDT a player because you aren't motivated to win.

"“Nah, not at all. We respected them,” Davis said. “We knew they were a good team. You have to respect the last undefeated team in college football. They had the No. 1 offense. We knew what we were getting into, we knew we had our hands full. They found a way to make plays and found a way to win the game.”

“Their quarterback is a great player,” Holland said. “He reminds me of [Oklahoma quarterback] Baker Mayfield a lot. They had a good game plan.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-defense-peach-bowl-loss-ucf-mckenzie-milton

"First of all, like to congratulate Central Florida and Coach Frost, very good football team. They played very good today.”

“Just with us, you know, looking back at the whole game, the first half was very uncharacteristic. You know, we had one of our worst halves that we’ve had all year and that was disappointing. I think we were sacked five times on offense. We had six penalties. That was very uncharacteristic. I am proud of our team. They fought back in the second half, and you know, hats off to their quarterback. - Coach Malazhan

No where in these quotes did he mention that the team didn't want to be there or thought UCF was beneath them. But sure, if it helps you reconcile that UCF ripped your year to actually win something, go for it. I'd be willing to bet had usf done what UCF did in the Peach Bowl, it would have been a completely different story in your head about Auburn's motivation.

2 hours ago, Meeps said:

The reality is, come conference realignment - if you aren't destroying teams now, why would anyone pick you all to join the big boy table?

Are you really this naive to think that success on the football field plays any significant role in conf realignment?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Meeps said:

While going winless is pretty **** humiliating, it also served as a catalyst to fire Brent Key; forced George O'Leary into retirement and hire Scott Frost. Without it, there is a high probability that UCF would have tail spun into mediocrity similar to your Skip Holtz era. I'll take the winless season in exchange for what was essentially a revival of the program hiring Danny White and Scott Frost. Between the undefeated season and on track to compete for the title again for this year/NY6, i'll take it any day and so would any realistic usf fan.

Honest question, does saying "gnat" or any other derivative of Knight in a derogatory manner make you feel better? You know who else comes up with juvenile nicknames? My kids. But please, continue on as an adult acting like a child.

I've heard about usf fans having a select few that can look at things objectively, refreshing to see proof with my own eyes.

Brad,

You mentioned that I have a revisionist history, care to expound on what exactly you are referring to? I'd love to hear it.

I think you have misunderstood my post or I should have been succinct.  Those first four games do count and I would say that the USF recruits which made up the teams in those early games were not rated much higher than most of the UCF players. I seem to recall many UCF fans thinking they had a great chance to win all four of those games.  Two ended up being quite close. 

Anyway, the important point to understand is that pointing out what happened with realignment to our attendance does not reflect negatively on a UCF team poised to join the Big East. People deciding to do other things instead of spending all day at a football game is a choice which makes sense to some.   Most of us are not the enemy here (at least on this issue). I wanted you to beat Auburn.  Incidentally,  in social media I have had to hold my nose and defend your fanbase against a certain team in the eastern part of North Carolina who try and say that you have no fans. I wish more of you focused on things like that rather than us wallowing in our fate. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

A team that didn't want to be there? Tell that to Adrian Killins...

I am sure Auburn would rather have played in the college playoff invitational, there was PLENTY of smack talk prior to the game and to think for a second they didn't want to win that game is absolutely ridiculous. There own players admitted that was not the case. You don't DDT a player because you aren't motivated to win.

"“Nah, not at all. We respected them,” Davis said. “We knew they were a good team. You have to respect the last undefeated team in college football. They had the No. 1 offense. We knew what we were getting into, we knew we had our hands full. They found a way to make plays and found a way to win the game.”

“Their quarterback is a great player,” Holland said. “He reminds me of [Oklahoma quarterback] Baker Mayfield a lot. They had a good game plan.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-defense-peach-bowl-loss-ucf-mckenzie-milton

"First of all, like to congratulate Central Florida and Coach Frost, very good football team. They played very good today.”

“Just with us, you know, looking back at the whole game, the first half was very uncharacteristic. You know, we had one of our worst halves that we’ve had all year and that was disappointing. I think we were sacked five times on offense. We had six penalties. That was very uncharacteristic. I am proud of our team. They fought back in the second half, and you know, hats off to their quarterback. - Coach Malazhan

No where in these quotes did he mention that the team didn't want to be there or thought UCF was beneath them. But sure, if it helps you reconcile that UCF ripped your year to actually win something, go for it. I'd be willing to bet had usf done what UCF did in the Peach Bowl, it would have been a completely different story in your head about Auburn's motivation.

Keep trying. If you think that the Auburn players went into that game with the same mindset as the UCF players, you're a fool ... They had beaten both teams playing for the natty but were relegated to playing the tallest midget ...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which opinion are you talking about?

Sorry for not being succinct. I was trying to say had USF lost the first 4, no one would be able to dismiss them here without an onslaught of ridicule. 

2 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Sorry for not being succinct. I was trying to say had USF lost the first 4, no one would be able to dismiss them here without an onslaught of ridicule. 

Got it.

12 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Don't get it twisted, he is the reason y'all were able to have last year. He' is gone and there aren't many of those out there. You should be worried 

Interesting theory. You mean the same coach who abandoned his undefeated team to go to Nebraska? The players willed themselves to win against Auburn. I take nothing away from him, he is an amazing coach and will most likely make Nebraska relevant again, but you are delusional if you think Scott Frost's game planning is the only reason for winning. Let me guess, you also believe Coach Strong is the reason you guys went 11-2. QF willed the team to victories far more than any your coaches. That was clearly evident if you went to the UCF vs usf game last year.

The jury is out on our new Coach, but having arguably the best QB in College Football should make growing pains palatable. There is a reason UCF is favored to win it all again.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-aac-win-total-picks-predictions-will-ucf-and-memphis-play-for-it-all-again/

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Interesting theory. You mean the same coach who abandoned his undefeated team to go to Nebraska?

Got a better gig and took it? yes. 

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

The players willed themselves to win against Auburn.

Only one team wanted to be there so you can stop with that non sense. 

5 minutes ago, Meeps said:

The jury is out on our new Coach, but having arguably the best QB in College Football should make growing pains palatable. There is a reason UCF is favored to win it all again.

:lmao:

Just stop, for the love of football, stop. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Got a better gig and took it? yes. 

Only one team wanted to be there so you can stop with that non sense. 

:lmao:

Just stop, for the love of football, stop. 

No, you're right Brass - pardon me. Even though I pulled direct quotes from the Auburn team, you clearly know their motivation and intentions better than they do. How dare I question your all knowing. Let me guess, FSU lost to Houston because they didn't want to be there, Baylor lost to UCF in 2014 because they didn't want to be there. Boise has a history of beating P5 teams, yet the ONLY reason they win those games is because every team that loses doesn't want to be there. Am I right? According to the experts, UCF had no chance to win that game, motivation or not. In fact, Auburn should have been able to play their third string players and blow us out. Oh but if usf was in that game, everything would have been different! Right?